Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Conditions this weekend – Llandegla, Peak District, Macc Forest
  • njm

So, I’ve got a ride planned tomorrow at Llandegla, including with a couple of beginners. I’m wondering with the conditions whether we should relocate to Macc Forest or somewhere.

Anyone been out today in Llandegla, or Macc Forest or the Peaks?

What was the snow and ice situation?

sambob
    Free Member

Peaks = Wet, slushy snow at low levels, more fluffy stuff higher up. Ground is wet underneath so might not stick for very long. Llandegla might be better as it’s almost all under trees and well sheltered.

donsimon
    Free Member

The hills outside Wrecsam had a dusting of snow this morning.
    Yr.no says overnight sleet but no more snow.

carlos
    Free Member

Macc Forrest had about 2″ of wet snow, slushy in parts and hard work last night, has had both rain and sleet/snow today so I’d guess its pretty much the same, unless it freezes over night.

Charity lane was just very wet with 2″+ of snow, forrest tracks weren’t to bad, all the roads were fine but we did do a fair bit of cheeky.

njm

Cheers guys. I’d seen the oneplanetadventure site, which talks about it being “challenging”, and just wondering how bad it is. Normally I’d just give it a go, but I’m trying not to put first-timers off for life 🙂

It’s sounding like Llandegla might still be our best bet, if they’re open in the morning. If it’s tough we might just end up doing the blue for the first time.

sambob
    Free Member

Blue’s pretty fun done fast tbh.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Blue route is fun

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Conditions this weekend – Llandegla, Peak District, Macc Forest’ is closed to new replies.