Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Conditions on Pitch Hill
  • slowboydickie

Has anyone been up there in the last day or so? At the weekend the ground was dry and frozen, just wondering if it is worth a trip up tonight or if the (slightly) warmer weather has thawed the mud.

Cheers
    Rich

mattjg
    Free Member

fairly claggy when we were up there last night, especially the main track between the 2 car parks which was nigh on impassable

however I suspect it’s patchy clag and we didn’t do a big survey, likely the higher trails would be better

mattjg
    Free Member

as for the temps, wind chill has been bad this week but static air temps (eg in the forests) not so cold

JCL
    Free Member

I drove over this morning. The road was clear.

xcgb
    Free Member

Its running OK on the higher paths. Just avoid walking bottom car park as its a swamp there due to the logging

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I was up there yesterday and have coverd lage parts of SH over the past few days. Pitch is the world section by some distance IMO. I parked in WB yesterday and decided to go up the road and church rather than go thought the logging. T trails bottom bit to triangle was crap. Curly wurly top section crap. Middle section ok. Bottom bit patchy but rideable down graveyard etc. I gave up after that and went over the Winterfold which is much better. Hombury best of the three although YP is now closed. BKB dry as a bone. Coming back from W’fold I came down supernova which was ok until the last bit which is trashed so I had to ride through the logging to the car park. I can’t really see much point in riding it at the moment. The rest if the area is much better, so not worth the patchy trails IMO.

Matt, we’re you riding with the Horsham guys. It wasn’t you with the canyon AM that I was chatting to was it? I doubt it as you would have commented on the trance 29er I was riding!

tallgavin
    Free Member

Was up there last night. Pretty good really compared with how it’s been – best for a few months I’d say.

mattjg
    Free Member

@th nope. Mostly I’m on a Salsa Selma with Niner carbon forks. How’s the Trance?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I had a cheeky ride there today. The main bit up from the car park at walkers bottom is wrecked.

The lesser ridden stuff is approaching ‘hero dirt’ status.

The more known stuff is mostly drying out well, just watch for the odd soft bits.

It’s probably riding the best I’ve seen in the last 12 months.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Matt, I will write some thoughts on the trance after a soak!! 3 1/2 full demo days in the last 6 days (cube, anthem, trance) with 4-5 hours of solid riding has left me a little achey! Bottom line, after a false start (advice needed thread!), I thought it was brilliant at what it is designed for and for what it is not (today’s 4 hr XC ride). Bu**er, exactly what I hoped wouldn’t happen. I wanted to be convinced to stick with Anthem as my 1 bike does all, but that’s not how I feel right now!

I will have to work out which Trance thread to post it on! Might do you XC v trail bike as that was exactly the question I am asking myself now.

mattjg
    Free Member

Thx, yeah there is a lot of ‘Trance’ on that thread so it will come up on searches in the future. Chat later!

mattjg
    Free Member

nah I’m wrong make a new thread, nice and topic specific that way

rewski
    Free Member

glad to hear it’s drying up, I’m so totally over washing my freeking bike every ride, this winter as cost me a jet wash.

blooddonor
    Free Member

Was up on pitch today,
    Thick & creamy
    Indian summer
    Rob nav
    Rat run
    They were all as dry as a nuns ****, as is winterfold at the moment.

slowboydickie

Yep, absolutely superb condition up there last night. Mostly dry and tonnes of grip. As HobNob says best riding since last spring!

freeridenick
    Free Member

even ranmore was dry last night!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Conditions on Pitch Hill’ is closed to new replies.