Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • conditions in wendover woods/ the chilterns?
  • lyons
    Free Member

I'm heading there in a bit, how bad is it?

Alex

I don't live there anymore but assuming the thaw is almost as complete as it is here, I'd say pretty horrible 😉 Anything other than a sea of clingy mud and churned up trails would be a surprise.

lyons
    Free Member

yeah, i dont really know why i asked….

Alex

Sorry, not the main reason but one of the reasons we moved 🙂 Chilterns in the dry, fantastic fun. Chilterns in the wet, serially horrid.

oldgit
    Free Member

Chilterns?
    Were white now there brown, that's about as positive as I could be.

ononeorange

Sitting right in the middle of the Chilterns now, it's pouring with rain and everywhere is chewed-brown (as above). Trying to get the energy to go out….. at least there won't be many horses out today!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Ditto all of the above.

I'm in Tring – near Wendover – and it's very damp outside. There was quite a bit of snow to melt – it's going to be soggy. Aston Hill is closed, to give you an idea of conditions.

Could be fun on a 'cross bike though. 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

back from walking the dog.

the woods vary from ice to slush to mud, the ice/slush will ruin what are usually fun bits, but i suspect if the thaw is allowed to continue, it will be boggy mud this time next week

still there is snow coming – woop!

lyons
    Free Member

I ended up working instead… But I will be out tomorrow… I'm not sure I've ever heard of Aston hill closing… I remember riding there in snow a few years ago…

ononeorange

Yep – can confirm conditions. Went out yesterday and pretty much everywhere really is "stand on the pedals to move downhill". Horses have been out and about too so the paths are really chewed and claggy. No surprise, really!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘conditions in wendover woods/ the chilterns?’ is closed to new replies.