Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Conditions in Bakewell ?
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

Anyone in Bakewell ? We’re packing for L’Eroica. Walking boots or wellies for the showground ? I’d much rather it was boots, but I’ll take advice.

Thanks

the-muffin-man

Both – and a pair of flippers too! 😀

tlr

I was working there on Monday. The show ground was very, very wet and I don’t think it’s stopped raining since.

Definitely wellies. And snorkel.

Forecast is ok for Saturday and Sunday though.

LS
    Free Member

Bakewell Showground gets wetter than a wet thing and it’s been binning it down round here on and off for ages now. Wellies at the very least.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fluffy on top, sweet underneath…!

theboatman
    Free Member

I am, and it’s been hammering it down this week, flash floods on roads and some homes flooded out down the A6 Valley. But forecast is for it drying up a bit from Friday over the weekend. But the ground is very wet, particularly in the usual fields where water tends to lie, and as pointed out above Bakewell show ground is one of those. Big wellies and a change of wellies I’m afraid, summer does need to try harder here at the mo.

jekkyl

Pudding is where it’s at.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Yikes ! I don’t have a ‘change of wellies’.

Fortunately we’re not camping…

theboatman
    Free Member

I guess I had assumed you would be camping, and I don’t know why. Pair of wellies and somewhere warm and dry to retire to; you should have a blast then. Enjoy 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Conditions in Bakewell ?’ is closed to new replies.