Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Conditions at Glentress?
  • shaley
    Free Member

Anyone know what the conditions at Glentress are like at the moment?

Thanks

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

I road there on Wednesday, there’s quite a bit of snow down mostly rideable though, my mate struggled because his rear tyre had a lot of wear.
    More open sections have deeper snow and they’re tougher, not too bad in the trees but your still on snow
    We ran out of time so couldn’t make it all the way to the top where I guess its deeper, it was certainly getting that way.
    Definitely a bit of a mission, but loads of fun just leave yourself plenty of time

br
    Free Member

Snowy I would guess, based on that I’m over near Melrose and its been snowing and settling since 0830 this morning. Plus nothings melted from the snow earlier in the week.

bigjim

Might be good for a fresh snow ride in the morning before it all starts melting.

rickon
    Free Member

I’m further North, but the conditions aren’t great, lots of snow falling now, roads are slushy and slippery. Depends where you’re coming from, but you’re better off riding local, it wont be a fast blast around a trail center this weekend at GT! 😉

nikk
    Free Member

What was it like there today? Anyone know?

Diane
    Free Member

Hard work. A few hardy souls went up but lots sacked it. Depends if you don’t mind pushing up.Fun to be had if you aren’t that concerned about mileage. Having said that it’s mild and light rain atm so who knows tomorrow?

nikk
    Free Member

Thanks Diane! Will brave it today see what is happening 🙂

BoardinBob

According to facebook the snow is gone at inners

crumpygrunt
    Free Member

I’m from Peebles and yes, pretty much all the snow has gone overnight. Prob patches in places and very wet due to the melt, but at least you’ll get some traction again!

nikk
    Free Member

Just back. First climb has slushy parts, mostly ok. From top carpark steadily deeper slushy snow. Bottom of spooky wood climb at least 2″ slushy snow, steering and traction impossible in places.

Didn’t go up Spooky Wood, but three brave souls we met on the trail pushed up… hope they got back ok! We went to bottom of spooky and did the red from there. ‘Interesting’ at top, lots of slushy snow on 1st few sections makes it slidey and unpredictable, but ridable (leg out!) and quite enjoyed it.

Pie Run was fine but wet. Slushy snow in exposed sections for rest of down, ridable. Good fun altogether if you don’t mind occasional pushing and tricky conditions. Brandy helps.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Plenty of people seemed to have made their way up to spookies. Fair few people around when I eventually made it to the top.

Most of it was rideable, just not easy! Not the best snow, solid enough to cause problems in drifts and wet and slidey at other points. Once learned where the grip was/wasn’t it was great fun, plenty of foot out, motocross style drifting!

Didn’t enjoy it at the time but looking back it was just about worth the slog of a push up.

tpbiker
    Free Member

went yesterday, absolutely lethal and borderline unridable in any of the singletrack climbs through the woods

triballegs
    Free Member

Rode Glentress today.
    Climb from Peel to Buzzaeds Nest manageable with some common sense. Spooky, super g etc covered in snow/ ice.
    Free ride park ok

radoggair
    Free Member

avoid, went today and totally pointless. If we get some rain and a thaw maybe by end of week will be fine!!

rubbish………..

bigjim

was there yesterday, was pretty slow going! Some bits were good fun though, berm baby berm was super sketchy but funny. Red was a bit pointless, pie run was OK.

nikk
    Free Member

Any update for this weekend?

DougD

Was up there on Wed night round the red, couple of slushy patches higher up but absolutely fine otherwise.

br
    Free Member

Tuesday low down (below the spooky climb) was great, very fast and pretty dry. But, then it rained in the afternoon and higher up (Black) the snow was horrible to cycle in, but fine once on Deliverance.

fasthaggis

Nice photo of a GT trail up on the BBC Scotland web page today.(No10)
    Linky

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Conditions at Glentress?’ is closed to new replies.