Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Conditioned in bottle grrr
  • Dickyboy

On the back of the straight or with a handle thread – If I’m drinking bottled beer I don’t want to piss about waiting for it to settle or having to pour it carefully or forget and take a slug of yeasty gloop – what the eff do brewers think bottled beer was invented for – convenience you arseholes

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what the eff do brewers think bottled beer was invented for – convenience you arseholes

Holding beer and delivering it to the customer as it should taste, if you just want to get pissed then head for the stella or drink it with the chewy bits, some add a lot of good flavour and change the drink, or learn to pour

nedrapier

and some just erupt out of the bottle no matter how carefully you’ve handled it, leaving you with a sink full of foam and a third of a bottle of yeasty gloop when you’ve waited half an hour.

simondbarnes

What Mike said

maccruiskeen

what the eff do brewers think bottled beer was invented for – convenience you arseholes

What do you think moustaches were invented for?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Dickyboy – Member
    On the back of the straight or with a handle thread – If I’m drinking bottled beer I don’t want to piss about waiting for it to settle or having to pour it carefully or forget and take a slug of yeasty gloop – what the eff do brewers think bottled beer was invented for – convenience you arseholes

Yeah, but without the pretentious gloop how do you expect them to convince their customers it’s a silk purse and not a sow’s ear? And you can’t exactly lord it over your mate’s bottle of Doom Bar if its the same!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We back on the inverse snobbery again?

tomhoward

We back on the inverse snobbery again?

New here?

gobuchul
    Free Member

If you don’t want yeast, just choose something that has been pasteurised and filtered. The very fact that is labelled “bottle conditioned” tells you that it takes a little care.

Besides a bit of yeast sediment in your beer won’t kill you.

You do know that in Belgian some beers are drunk with a shot sized glass full of the yeast used to ferment the beer?

If you don’t want to “piss about” then don’t buy bottle conditioned beer.

This one’s for you Dickyboy, cheers!

brakes
    Free Member

Besides a bit of yeast sediment in your beer won’t kill you.

no, but it might make you overly regular…

JoB
    Free Member

it’s been 40 minutes, the OP has probably calmed down by now

aP
    Free Member

Its a bit early to be on the sauce, no?

jonnyboi

Plenty of decent bottled beers around, it’s not hard to avoid the conditioned ones.

Or if it tastes ‘that’ good then make the extra effort.

Dickyboy

Plenty of decent bottled beers around, it’s not hard to avoid the conditioned ones.

Love a decent bottled beer and try to avoid the conditioned ones but when you are bought some or just grab something different for a change and then that sinking feeling as the cloudy stuff plops out a bit like when you realise you’ve bought decaffeinated tea bags

Edit – finish the brewing in the brewery not in the shops and my house you cheapskates, don’t see many bottle conditioned beers for sale in our local breweries btw

jonnyboi

that sinking feeling as the cloudy stuff plops out

I’m with you on that, plus a bit of self loathing and regret.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and then that sinking feeling as the cloudy stuff plops out a bit like when you realise you’ve bought decaffeinated tea bags

See the last few I’ve had have been even better with the sediment in there,
    this for example

It’s 2 completely different beers with and without the sediment both are great

BillMC

Take care, I see particularly angry moles on the horizon

Dickyboy

I’m with you on that, plus a bit of self loathing and regret.

😀 you’re either doing wrong or with the wrong person jb

maccruiskeen

hen that sinking feeling as the cloudy stuff plops out a bit like when you realise you’ve bought decaffeinated tea bags

You need to try shopping when you’re sober. 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

There’s a brewery up here (Newcastle Brewing Ltd.) that do a lush Satsuma IPA that’s conditioned in the bottle. One is ok, I can pour one ok, I struggle after a second because it’s about 6%… hic, yer ****, I love yers, yer bastards, yer me best mates… Zzzzzzzzzzz, parp, etc…

edit- interesting- **** is swearing, apparently.

Dickyboy

Kayla – sounds like you need to try a drop of Fullers Golden Pride just 8.5% brewed specially for us softy southerners – I always neck one before heading out to the shops

seosamh77
    Free Member

Dickyboy – Member

The frothy bit is there for a reason, when you poor it, the froth stops the beer going flat.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Conditioned in bottle grrr’ is closed to new replies.