Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Condenser tumble dryer help please
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I have an indesit idc85k condenser tumble dryer which has decided to start playing up and out of warranty.

The water collector is almost empty but the ’empty water’ light keeps coming on. Also noticed that there is more moisture being released than previously which is starting to warp my wood floor in the hall! Could really do without this right now.

The wood floor has been fine until o noticed it the other day and this coincides with the dryer cocking up!

Any ideas?

Thanks ash

Davesport

The condenser unit on mine (Miele) comes apart for cleaning. It has during its six years been cleaned out twice. It might be worth seeing if yours comes to bits to get rid of any accumulated gunk.

D.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Will give that a try. Ta

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

Our Bosch one has a separate warning light to clean the condenser unit. It gets really fluffed up and I hose it out every couple of months, makes the dryer more efficient too.

jam-bo

The condensor will probably drain into a reservoir at the back with a small float valve that controls the pump to the reservoir that you empty. If this clogs with crap then the empty water light will come on and the heat will cut out. Give it all a clean and it should be fine. They are really quite simple machines.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Condenser tumble dryer help please’ is closed to new replies.