Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Concept Rower – is there anything else on the market that compares?
  • Rubber-Duck

That’s it really, I was wondering if it is THE rower or if there were any worthy pretenders?

Cheers

Ed

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve used a Concept and the WaterRower wood ones.

Concept. If you need a rower, buy that.

However…..they are a little noisy. So, think about where it’s going to be.

BlobOnAStick

I had a go on one of these once. It was comparable IMO, no idea how they compare price/performance/reliability wise.

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/waterrower-a1-rowing-machine.php

zilog6128

C2 are used in virtually every gym & rowing club, plus the indoor champs. And if you buy one for home use it will probably outlast you.

geologist
    Free Member

Simple – no

luffy105
    Free Member

I’ve got a water rower and love it for its quiet operation and the fact it stows away quickly and neatly. Plus, because it is made of wood it doesn’t look too out of place in the home.

bluerob

The RowPerfect RP3 action is closer to what happens in a boat and does this by keeping the seat fixed so that you push the mass of the “boat” away from you rather than pushing your mass away from the “boat” – it’s less forgiving of poor technique, too. The new Concept2 dynamic rower is similar and takes up less space than putting a normal C2 on slides.

The C2 is ubiquitous for good reason – it’s damn near bomb proof, a very useful teaching tool and great training tool – you can use it set goals and measure your progress against your training plan.

nicko74

I read a couple of reviews of this, and essentially, as above, no there’s nothing close apart from the WaterRower. There’s an interesting comparison of the two I read, saying that they have quite different feels though, in terms of where the pull in the stroke happens and so on

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

As an ex Cornish Pilot Gig rower, I’d say the C2 feels nothing like rowing a real boat. It was also far too easy! 8)

Not trolling, but can’t you row a real bot with the money instead? Join a rowing club, I mean.

Northwind

Is it actually for rowing training? Or is it just an exercise thing? I’ve got a deeply crap £50 rower which I got from tesco, it’s noisy and rattly and nothing at all like rowing but it’s still a workout and it did wonders for my gammy leg. Also, out-gunning it and overheating the pistons is enormously satisfying.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I’d say a water rower gives you the same sensation, with regards to applying the power, as you get in a boat. The C2 requires more effort throughout the stroke IMHO but cans start to mimic what you need to do in a boat when on slides.

I’ve not had a go on the rowperfect that bluerob mentions but I can see what it’s getting at.

If you just want it for exercise and have no intention of actually rowing then a C2 would be my choice – anything else requiring correct rowing technique will feel rubbish if you get it wrong and can’t/don’t get any coaching.

grantway
    Free Member

Used one at a gym loved it

Rubber-Duck

Thanks

Might take a look at the water filled ones.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Concept Rower – is there anything else on the market that compares?’ is closed to new replies.