Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Concept bikes. What is the point ?
  • Just looking at this one from Ford…

…and reading this bit, “Ford has no plans to produce the E-Bike but will continue studying the concept along with other future mobility solutions.”

They’ve obviously put a lot of money in to that, so why so casually dismiss the idea of going in to production ?
    Is it so they can put the costs down to Marketing and count free media exposure as a return ?
    It just seems an odd thing to do, to me. I’d have thought they would at least try to link up with an established bike manufacturer and sell a few of them.

binners

We all have to have something stupid and pointless to mock. And Hora’s not always around 😀

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Don’t think they would sell many of these turds. Maybe a student design project in their year out?

z1ppy

They’ve obviously put a lot of money in to that, so why so casually dismiss the idea of going in to production?

Maybe they realised it wasn’t going to sell? So didn’t want to waste the any more money on it? Also as time are still very tight, special projects are no doubt being shut down all the time…

jameso

The point is to develop design thinking, styling ideas etc, I doubt much £ really does go into them considering the scale of companies like that.

MSP

I expect when the designers revealed the fruits of their endeavours to the decision makers, they were told to leave the building immediately and to take their half dead spider plants with them. Then after they had gone everyone rolled around on the floor in hysterical laughter while seeing who could come up with the rudest name to describe them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jameso – Member
    The point is to develop design thinking, styling ideas etc, I doubt much £ really does go into them considering the scale of companies like that.

^^This^^

Often used to find new talent, see where ideas can grow and develop etc.
    Like this pointless thing;

😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Concept bikes. What is the point ?’ is closed to new replies.