Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Comrie Croft Trails
  • ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Has anyone been recently and would I be able to get a whole days riding there or just a few hours? I’m thinking of heading down to them this weekend as opposed to the trek to GT but I’ve never been before so just wondering if they’re worth it over GT.

2tyred

Comrie’s loads of fun, definitely a good day’s riding there as long as you’re happy to repeat bits! If you aren’t, you’re only a mile or two away from Ben Chonzie, which is a fun ride.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My fave trail centre, has a bit of everything. Techy, steep rocky stuff, fast swoopy stuff, and the final bit of blue is brilliant.

Yes, you have to climb the same climb a few times to do it all, but it’s worth it, and the cafe is spot on too.

Seems to be the only trail centre that is proactive in terms of building at the moment too.

ks562
    Free Member

Agree Comrie is ace and there is plenty to keep you entertained if you are happy to repeat a couple of loops and session sections.

The final blue descent is closed at the moment due to ongoing repairs I understand – worth having a quick check on their FB page.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Yes, we were there the other week and the last bit of blue was closed. The cafe was also closed for winter.

Northwind

Was up at the weekend, even with the closed blue section there’s tons more than there used to be, and a lot more variety with the bermy jumpy blue. I really liked the upper blue, surprisingly little height loss too, and the red loop off the top which is pretty flat but flows beautifully. And lots of improvements to the climbs too which was much appreciated. All pretty excellent.

Oh- we spotted the end of a trail just behind where the old red and black descents start- anyone know where it starts?

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Well think that’s it sold it to me for this weekend then. Cheers all. Oh and if anyone is there I’ll be the guy mincing about on the blue spitty.

mactheknife

If you have changed out that 34t chainring come up for another bash at Dunkeld. I have messaged your wingman but he is staying silent 🙂

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Got a 32t on and an expander out back. Lol I don’t think his new bike is built up yet or at least that was his excuse for not coming to GT.

What time were you planning on being there for as I could be up for that instead.

mactheknife

Anytime on Sunday. Not sure what trails but ill probably miss out the last one we did last year and stick to messing about on a couple closer to Dunkeld.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Ok Sunday sounds like a plan. I’ll drop you an email later on to sort it out.

LD
    Free Member

Was up again yesterday and it just keeps getting better and better. Did all the red stuff including new top loop. It takes off from where the Red/Black start their common descent just before they split. Basically they have scraped of the topsoil and created a k or so of bedrock goodness, lots of wee climbs and drops and a few bits which kept me on my toes. This then joins back in to the start of the other red loop which gives another couple of k of techy goodness. It’s just remarkable how much interest they have managed to pack into a small area. Not really flowy riding but constantly interesting/rocky/technical/challenging.
    More stuff being developed on the main face below the quarry where the old blue used to weave down.
    Just a great place to visit and fantastic to camp at as well.
    Don’t forget to use the bikers car park and pop money in the box!

Northwind

They are damn good aren’t they. I mean, it’s basically a simple idea- don’t piss around building 30 metres of dead trail between features, just build good stuff everywhere, you end up with much less trail but every bit of it’s interesting. But most places want to be able to say “30km of red” or whatever.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

That’s what I love about CC. It’s short but there’s never a moments respite from something technical.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, a really well done little network, which seems to grow weekly. Bravo.

legend
    Free Member

Does anyone know what happens if you turn left at the junction near the top of the blue? It’s just after you’ve had the option of straight-linging a section to hit a drop between two trees. No sign-posts at all when I was there but definitely a trail. Keeps going down then gradually climbs over a really nice (sizeable) bridge. Didn’t get a chance to go further as I was supposed to be heading up the road at the time.

hhhmmmm this is making me think about a return trip tomorrow actually (shame about the forecast though)

matt_outandabout

The left turn has a bridge about 10m down. It is actually the descent of the Red Route into the blue. You were going wrong way up the new red.

I spoke to them a month back to say it was confuzzling both for Blue trail and Red trail users – and needed a clear one way/no entry/turn this way sign…

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

legend: I think that bit takes you out at the end of the top red loop. You know, where the fireroad climb ends and the red starts winding up into through the trees?

Edit: matt, I always wondered if that trail existed so you could go new red to blue, or so you could use the start of the blue as an alternative to the fire road to start the red climb. Good to know it’s the former, I’ve been linking new red to blue by taking the fireroad to the start of the blue…

cocodemer
    Free Member

Folks
    We are aware of the signage issues and it is en route, there will be signage in place over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime please pop in and check on the current trail map in the shop if you are unsure.
    To confirm, the split of red from the blue is to be ridden from the blue up, not down onto the blue. There is a clear no entry sign at the start of this, as you will end up pointing up the blue descent should you go that way (danger!)
    All trail will run down that way to get to the start of the red single track, or to carry on to the blue.
    Glad you are enjoying the trails, and please bear with us until we get everything in place.
    Thanks
    Colin
    Comrie Croft Trails

matt_outandabout

😀

legend
    Free Member

To confirm, the split of red from the blue is to be ridden from the blue up, not down onto the blue. There is a clear no entry sign at the start of this, as you will end up pointing up the blue descent should you go that way (danger!)

That figures, the junction definitely rides better from blue>red than the other way round. The rest of the trail runs surprisingly well in both directions 😳

2tyred

I figured the end of the new red trail (down from the top) should bear left to join the top of the blue descent – at the moment it bears to the right (pointing up the blue descent as you say), hence the confusion at both the end of the new red and just after the start of the blue. Once you’ve been down it becomes clear though, but signage will help.

You and your team are doing brilliant work Colin, it just keeps getting better and better. Thank you all!

iainc

You and your team are doing brilliant work Colin, it just keeps getting better and better. Thank you all!

+1

superb facility, was there just the other week with my kids for a few laps and a mid ride cafe stop – top place 🙂

matt_outandabout

Is this a hairy map?

Agreed that Colin and gang are doing great work, and folk should go a visit the place for a slice of great, “different”, man made trails.

legend
    Free Member

Need a “NO MINCERS” sign on the blue so my STRAVA/flow doesn’t get interrupted too 😉

Kunstler

I was up there a couple of months back and rode up from the train at Dunblane. Are there any good off road sections that can be included in a route to and from the trails (other than Glen Artney)?

I’m not one to frequent trail centres much but I loved the amount of bedrock riding at Comrie. It was quite a surprise and makes it feel like riding the rockier, natural stuff found much further north.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Comrie Croft Trails’ is closed to new replies.