Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Computers with 'flung forward' brackets
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Need a new basic computer, but I’d like one with a bracket that places the computer ahead of the stem. I just feel it’ll be more in view when racing.
    The style of bracket doesn’t seem to figure in the sales gumph.
    Any ideas, basic, really just need time and speed.

crikey
    Free Member

Bit of a first world problem?

Just bend your head a bit more?

oldgit
    Free Member

Bit of a first world problem?

Well yeah, but the ideas in my head now. And I like the idea of nothing on the tops, I race up there a lot.

geoffj

Garmin 200 and one of the out front mounts?

richpips
    Free Member

You want one of these.

oldgit
    Free Member

That speedos a bit optimistic.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh, I dunno. 😉

TiRed

Once you’ve moved the computer ahead of the stem, there really is no going back. I’d second a used Garmin 200 and the sram mount. I have that one and the K-Edge alloy mount (which is lovely). You can even buy an integrated stem.

The Garmin 200 is really very good. Acquires a signal much faster than my 500, but won’t record cadence and heart rate,

h4muf
    Free Member

edale loop by h4muf, on Flickr

Works for me.

CraigW
    Free Member

Look at Barfly, they make a range of ‘out in front’ mounts. There are versions for Garmin Edge, or Cateye.
    Or a universal mount, and attach whatever computer you want. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tate-labs-the-bar-fly-universal-mount/

prawny

Champion systems/maxgear do a cheap garmin out front mount.

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for the bar fly style mount linked to by CraigW – if you look around, there are versions of this made,by other companies, such as Topeak etc.
    The benefit of these is that you’re not limited to which brand of computer you use it with.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Computers with 'flung forward' brackets’ is closed to new replies.