• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by tron.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • computer security
  • andy7t2
    Free Member

Just got a new laptop so need some new security, always used Norton before but thought I'd see what everybody else is using before buying so
    what the best out there and where's the cheapest place to get it.

Cheers

cranberry
    Free Member

I use Kaspersky. The IS Security department at work complained that they couldn't access my machine to scan it, so I'm happy with the firewall. 🙂

Mounty_73

Personally I wouldn't touch Norton, I have always used Zone Alarm as a firewall, used it since day one and had very few issues.

http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/ is also very good.

Anti virus, AVG or AVAST are quite good, although I dont run AV on any of my systems.

retro83
    Free Member

Microsoft Defender, Firewall and Security Essentials.

aracer
    Free Member

How often does this get asked?

Try that little search box up in the top right.

chvck
    Free Member

Microsoft Defender, Firewall and Security Essentials.

This is what I use when I'm on Windows, does the job and doesn't seem to cause a load of slowdown either. Also, free!

firestarter
    Free Member

I must be the odd one out as I have Norton 360 and its does everything its meant to

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Another vote for Kaspersky here. Just signed up for a third year, with no problems in the past.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Avast for free

andy7t2
    Free Member

cheers for all your responses

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

*whisper whisper whisper* The inevitable 'Get a Mac' *whisper whisper whisper*

TAXI!

tron
    Free Member

A mate got Norton with his laptop. It's so hard to remove that he reckons it should be reclassified as malware.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘computer security’ is closed to new replies.