Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Computer Monitor problem…
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m running a Mac Mini with 16Gb of RAM into a shiny new AOC Q2577PWQ monitor and have a couple of problems. The first is I can’t get it to display at 2550×1440 and secondly I am getting single pixel wide vertical red stripes in pure black areas.
    I’m using the Mini Displayport into a VGA lead, I’m assuming this is the problem and have ordered a Displayport to DVI-D cable.
    Should that solve it?

A virtual Wagonwheel for the most reassuring answer.

GrahamS

It might.

It should get you the correct resolution, but those vertical red stripes could be caused be an issue in your graphics card or monitor.

deadkenny
    Free Member

The VGA likely is the issue. Not sure you can do 2550×1440 with a VGA cable. VGA is analog also and not the best connection.

From what I can see from the specs for a Q2577PWQ it has a DisplayPort socket. Just use a straight DisplayPort cable from the Mac Mini to monitor. No adapters (or maybe mini DisplayPort to normal DisplayPort for the Mac Mini).

DisplayPort to DVI might work, but as the monitor has DisplayPort anyway, you don’t need it.

Also, Mac Mini’s come with HDMI ports I think? Could just do HDMI to HDMI on the monitor. Though not sure if it will do the resolution.

Cougar

May be of relevance?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201158

DP to VGA is always going to be tricksy as you’re relying on an active adapter to do a digital > analogue conversion and I doubt all adapters are created equally. But as DK says, why convert from DisplayPort to anything, if your shiny new screen supports DP natively?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

DisplayPort it is then. Thanks to all. Virtual biscuits sent but I was one short so will have to pop down the shops again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Computer Monitor problem…’ is closed to new replies.