Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Computer biffer help needed. I've loaded an iPod on as a camera……..
  • Horse
    Free Member

OK, me PC biff so no techy talk…..I recently installed iTunes, the latest version. When I plugged my sons Ipod Touch in to the PC a window popped up saying it was the installation wizard for a camera. I kept ignoring this but iTunes wouldn't find the iPod so I went along with the window and installed it as a camera. And it still won't find it. I've been on the Apple help so now I know how to sort the problem out but I need to convince my PC that the isoddingPod isn't a camera first. Any suggestions pretty please?

z1ppy

umm your itunes and what appears in the 'my computer' should be completely seperate, I have a "iphone camera" in 'my computer' but it also appears in as a itunes device fine.

BUT if your sure that "I need to convince my PC that the is sodding Pod isn't a camera first", you need to go into device manager:

Bearing in mind I'm on a XP machine, it is slightly different on Vista/Win 7:
    Right click "My computer" Select "properties", from the tab choose "Hardware" then got "device Manager". GO through the option until you find the iphone camera, probably under the "imaging devices" (my iphone appears here as "apple iphone") select the device, right click and select update the driver, at this point try allowing it to search windows update to select the correct driver, or select "no" go next, then choose to "install from list or specific location(advanced)" -> next "don't search I will choose the driver to install" -> you will then be presented with all the driver windows bvelieve will work with this device…

not exactly easy if you've no experience of this…

Horse
    Free Member

OK, don't shout "Retard" at the computer when I ask this but….does the iPod have to be connected to do this as I've just searched for "imaging devices" (and similar) and can't find anything. Don't have the iPood to hand to plug it in…..

z1ppy

yep device (ipod touch) has to be plugged in, otherwise it won't appear and you can't change it.

Horse
    Free Member

OK, cheers mate, will try it tomorrow.

Horse
    Free Member

cheers z1ppy, all sorted now

H

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Computer biffer help needed. I've loaded an iPod on as a camera……..’ is closed to new replies.