Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Compressors – would this one be suitable?
  • heihei

Looking to take the hassle out of tubeless tyres and also inflating car tyres. Would this have the tank capacity to do tubeless easily……

http://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-b6cc304scr004-24ltr-air-compressor-240v/85834%5D

ThePinkster

That link isn’t working for me but if it’s a 24ltr tank like it says in the URL then it would be more than capable of inflating tubeless tyres & doing the occasional car tyre too.

ThePinkster

I think it’s because my work webservers are in Germany.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Same here – servers in France so doesn’t work! Website too clever for it’s own good!

Yes – a 24 litre tank is good for tubeless, but it’s as much about high flow rate that’s sustainable. A tricky tyre could take a full tank while you wiggle the tyre.

24l can top up 4 van tyres but one was nearly flat and took over a tank. For a couple of PSI that’s more than enough.

tonyplym
    Free Member
    jaylittle
    Free Member

Machine mart usually have some good deals on compressors.

variflex
    Free Member

Be careful with compressors. I use one and a couple of weeks ago managed to over inflate (in a rush and wasnt watching what I was doing that closely) the tyre….BOOOM. Ripped the tyre off the 6 week old wheel, managed to right off the rim completely. Was an expensive mistake to make. So ensure you get a tyre pressure adapters with gauge.

definitely makes life easier when used correctly 🙂

heihei

tonyplym – yes clocked that one, even better when you consider the accessories too!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Compressors – would this one be suitable?’ is closed to new replies.