Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Compressor Presta valve attchment????
  • stonites999

I’ve just purchased a compressor to sort out my tubeless tyres. Has anyone got any good ideas about a presta valve attachment?? I’ve seen the US Prestaflator but I thought it was a little pricey…

Cheers Ant..

z1ppy

Stans adapters from CRC, even seen a replica cheap @ Halfords

Northwind

I got fed up with the adaptors, so I took my standard cheap carvalve airgun thing, chopped the end off it, and attached a pushbike convertable valve to it (A decathlon one, I think). It leaks a wee bit but not enough to be a thing.

Keef
    Free Member
    nickjb
    Free Member

My old track pump only had a car type so I fitted on of these:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/universal-inflation-nozzle-id_4413670.html

Just screws on the hose and seem to work OK.

singlespeedstu

I just use an airline blowgun with a bit of track pump hose pushed onto the end.
    The hose just pushes straight onto the valve for maximum airflow tyre seating.

Northwind

nickjb’s is the exact one I use, too. Though, it didn’t fit brilliantly into the airgun hose so i ended up adding a jubilee clip I think and also wrapping it in about a quarter of a mile of electric tape.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I may be getting a compressor for Christmas – so just keeping an eye on this thread!

Am I right in thinking that a 24l capacity is the way to go for mounting problem tyres?

nosedive
    Free Member

I’ve got a 5 litre one, its ok. 24 would be ideal if you have the room though.

Northwind

24 litres is a reasonable size- not too big, but you can’t go that much physically smaller either as even with a small receiver the motor, regulator etc is still bulky.

Check max pressure as well, once you get down to smaller capacities you sometimes get relatively low power motors and low pressure receivers. And if you plan on doing anything else, check max cfm- this isn’t really relevant for tyres but is important for spray guns etc.

JoeG
    Free Member
    Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Cheers – I was wondering about a 6l one, but as you say… it may give me more options in the future going that bit bigger (even if I do never need to use it, though my considerably better half is an artist type so may get excited by the prospect of a spray gun… and my motorbike tank….)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Compressor Presta valve attchment????’ is closed to new replies.