Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Compressor flow rate and tubeless tyres
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looking to purchase a compressor and just trying to get a handle on what would be a good flow rate for inflating tubeless tyres. It’s not likely to be a regular use (spraying etc much more common) but if I have one I’d like it to be suitable.

A 5.6cfm can be had cheaply (2.6l/s) or a 9.some cfm for a reasonable – but at least double) cost. I’m sure both will be sufficient for my usual needs but I’m not sure the small one will deliver enough air quick enough to seat really stubborn tyres (and save me co2 cartridges or risking life and limb with an old pop bottle)

Any real world experience would be appreciated.

Flaperon

It’s not an issue as you don’t actually run the compressor when filling the tyre, since you’re doing it from a tank of compressed air. Get the cheap one.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Thank you, I’d assumed it was the max output rather than a fill rate for the tank but that makes sense. Cheers.

prawny

It does seem daft that a compressor is half the price of a tubeless track pump.

It would make it harder to pretend I’m just in the garage getting a bottle or something though when I fire the compressor up 😆

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It would make it harder to pretend I’m just in the garage getting a bottle or something though when I fire the compressor up

What different worlds we live in.

I’m usually trying to pretend I’m in the garage to do something practical not just getting a bottle and could do with some noisy equipment to cover the sound of the beer fridge and the clink of bottle caps.

prawny

Haha, I’m just unlucky I guess.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Compressor flow rate and tubeless tyres’ is closed to new replies.