Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Compression adjust- a dummies guide
  • hora
    Free Member

Ok most of the forks I’ve owned didn’t have compression (or I didn’t own them long enough) 😆

Anyway- can someone explain the effects and more ‘+’ wound on and more ‘-‘ in principle?

For instance if your fork tops out slightly – run slightly more rebound but what about the compression?

What if you are hitting alot of rocks/steep- you tend to run more compression (+) don’t you?

wwaswas

is it high or low speed compression?

hora
    Free Member

On one fork -its both. On another its just one setting (bottom of fork leg)- Mazz Z1’s

whatnobeer
    Free Member
    MarkyG82

Was gonna post an explanation but that explains it better than I can.

As a starting point. Wind off all the low speed. Everything else have in the middle. Then fiddle.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wind it all the way out, go ride, keep winding it in untill the fork feels ‘stable’.

I always found it was a lot harsher than I first guessed.

The rebound has a similar effect, so the more compression you wind on, the more rebound you can add as it’s using less travel for a given impact, so needs to rebound less, which makes it even more stable. In spain (big, long, fast, rocky decents) I fiddled with them until they felt right, but they also felt very harsh, untill we videod them and it showed they were doing a lot of work, I was just hitting things faster and they were absorbing a lot of impacts.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ohh and ignore the ‘one click at a time’. On those Z1’s its more like ‘two or three turns at a time’, one click at a time you’d still be fiddling at Christmas 2012!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Compression adjust- a dummies guide’ is closed to new replies.