Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Compressed Nerve
  • chvck
    Free Member

After a few weeks of having a numbish hand the doctor has informed me that I probably have a compressed nerve in my left wrist. I think that means it’s basically a not severe carpal tunnel. I’m on a wait and see what happens basis with the doctor at the moment and have a wrist support.

Just wondering if other people have had this (some on here must have) and if they have any good tips/exercises for getting it to go away?

(It is proving handy for picking up hot stuff without the oven gloves!)

SaxonRider

You might try visiting a private physio for tips. NSAIDs (like diclofenic) were prescribed for my back, but who knows how they would alleviate the symptoms of Carpel Tunnel.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Any other uses for a numb hand? 😯

flowergirl
    Free Member

According to a couple of friends (one a sports physio and one a hand physio) ) you can treat carpel tunnel with massage, so my advice would be be seek out a good therapist. Mine developed too far which meant surgery for me and it wasn’t a nice experience. Months off the bike and still get aches and pains and numbness over two years after the op. A pair of ergonomic grips helped, highly padded gloves and plenty of travel in
    the forks!
    Good luck with it, I really hope you can control it before you need surgery.
    Debs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Compressed Nerve’ is closed to new replies.