Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • Components you don't see mentioned anymore?
  • tomhoward

CSUs that bolt together…

maccruiskeen

Machined fork braces.

My c2000 bottom of the line Bomber Z5s came with a lovely CNCd brace – a bit of an early season stock aberration as for the rest of the year the braces were plain cast ones.

Chrome stantions, no levers or switches to break, no adjustable nothing – pretty much everlasting as a result. The brace makes them too nice to get rid of so need to make an excuse to get them back on a bike again

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

CSUs that bolt together…

My c2000 bottom of the line Bomber Z5s came with a lovely CNCd brace – a bit of an early season stock aberration as for the rest of the year the braces were plain cast ones.

Yeh, those were pretty good in so far as you could strip the fork right down and use bits off other forks if an individual part broke.

They were very flexy though; don’t know if it was because of all the bolted bits, or the fact they were QR forks with 30mm stanchions.

I remember bending mine quite frequently and ended up with a super thick brace from BETD to try and strengthen them. I had to get the lowers helicoiled a few times because the threads would tear out.

THese looked to be the forks to have, never owned a pair though. I imagine the 20mm axle stiffened them up quite alot

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DanW
    Free Member

Funny too to think there was a time when Hope we’re the default disc brake and Shimano were laughable. It was also acceptable to have your name engraved in to a rotor 🙂

DanW
    Free Member

dogthomson

Truvativ Hammerschmidt never caught on did it!?

ratherbeintobago

Truvativ Hammerschmidt never caught on did it!?

Aye, always thought it was an interesting idea but got killed by SRAM not developing it further (like the Automatix hub) and by 1x

Northwind

Rear Crudcatchers. Because Crud spent several years and bags of money developing ways to take the best mudguard on the market and make it terrible.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

‘Shimano’ stickers on bike frames?

Admittedly they were usually only seen on lower end bikes but even these seem to have disappeared now

Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Components you don't see mentioned anymore?’ is closed to new replies.