Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Completely OT: Cool music…..
  • beefy

Just thought I would share a vid of my bro in laws bands lastest pop music video, band is chvrches, crazy dreamsynthindiewhatever music….

click McClickyson

somafunk

Small world, i know Keith (JD Twitch/Optimo) who remixed their hit “The Mother We Share” last year and their manager Danny fae Lunatic (sort of), good band/ good tunes, gie your bro in law a pat on the back. 😀

federalski
    Free Member

If your bro in law is the one who was in Aerogramme please ask him to get them back together 8)

jodafett

@Somafunk. You’ve got a habit o coming here an bumping into folk who know folk that u know 😀

beefy

federalski, the two guys (Iain, bro in law and Martin) are both from the mighty ‘gramme and Campbell, who is there current manager was their bass player.

I am afraid the ‘gramme has sailed, perhaps you should check out “The Unwinding Hours”, this is Iain and Craig B’s (former gramme front man) project, you may well find it up your street, albeit a bit quieter, less shouty street!

Well chuffed for them all, Iain (bearded synth non hat one) has been plugging away for years and finally they have got somewhere.

Get to see them for free too!

somafunk

Perils of a mispent (some may say 😉 ) or bloody good fun few years in the 90’s and later inside the electronic music scene and hanging about wi mates in the industry so to speak, still doing it – not to such an extent nowadays as at the age of 41 i feel like someones Taxi driver when i go to a club these days – i tend to enjoy my nights of excess in a more select setting and only a few times a year rather than kicking the arse out of it every weekend 😀

On an aside note it’s my bro’s 32nd birthday t’day so sent him up to glasgow green wi his gf with full access tickets and to meet up wi a mate (dange) who “helps” organise the roses on tour so to speak, from the garbled message i received from my bro less than 30mins ago i think he’s having a good time 😀

beefy

Sweet. We are all so punk on here.

federalski
    Free Member

Ahaa, did not realise the Aerogramme boys were so involved in chvrches.
    I knew only Iain was involved.

As you say though, they really do deserve every success, for a band like Aerogramme not to be worthwhile continuing with makes you nigh on give up hope for the industry…

I bought the two Unwinding Hours albums only a few months ago and have not really gave them a proper listen yet embarrassingly, I have almost got to that stage where it’s hard to get into new stuff. I do not listen to music half as much as I should nowadays and almost have my family of music I listen to and it takes a lot for something to be invited in…

Still happy memories of Campbell downing about 3 bottles of wine and turtled on his back at King Tuts about a million years ago…

beefy

Ha! I have to admit, my son is called campbell, perhaps after the hairy wine monster himself!

zbonty

Good tune. @somafunk I like a bit of Optimo. Seeing them next month to get my electronic beats fix.

somafunk

Sunday nights at the subclub used to be the highlight of my weekend, despite what i’d been to the previous few nights as the entire club was just full of folk there for one purpose and it was usually the same folk week in-week out so it seemed like an “all back to mine” party atmosphere wi everyone knowing each other, admittingly it was quite often the downfall of my monday/tuesday/wednesday if i’m perfectly honest 😉

Ahhh…….. halcyon days indeed, definitely older now and i doubt i could pull a 72hr session anymore – the thought of attempting it turns me inside out and cold with fear 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Completely OT: Cool music…..’ is closed to new replies.