Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Complaining about council planning?
  • andyl
    Free Member

Can’t be a good idea can it?

Previously refused permitted development because of some previous conditions around flood risk.

Get a full flood risk survey done which shows we are safe.

Apply to have the conditions removed with a decision date of mid August…still no decision, no contact at all for a site visit or saying they need longer. Called several times and keep getting someone very apologetic saying this is not acceptable, commenting that I seem quite calm for someone whose decision is 11 weeks (at the last call) late and someone will call me back or email me. Nothing.

Look up other cases for the same case officer on the planning lists around and since we submitted and they have been decided but not ours.

Feel like we are between a rock and a hard place as I don’t want to get on the wrong side of the planners but they just seem to be ignoring what is a very minor application to remove some conditions around causing a flood risk elsewhere.

bikebouy
    Free Member

There is no “wrong side” they have to be both accountable and transparent.

If you are not being serviced, make a complaint.

We’ve been in a similar situation and refused permitted development due to a previous application, so we complained that the decision took too long (one person making planning decisions and only working two days a week on them) it got turned over and an apology duely followed.

Remember that everything they do is recorded and it’s your right to challenge.

andyl
    Free Member

The way they handled the permitted development was a sore point.

Submitted the application, they ask for bat surveys etc which we do (££££)

20 minutes to the deadline on the last day the architect gets an email stating the application was not valid due to previous conditions and they wanted a safe area for flood risk.

nickjb
    Free Member

Why are you applying for permitted development? You either have permitted development rights or you don’t and your project either falls under pd or it doesn’t.

andyl
    Free Member

It’s prior notification we are applying for to basically get the council to agree we have PD rights. The condition that was in place blocked (put on in 2009 by the planners when they approved the barn being rebuilt for agricultural use) those PD rights so when we get them lifted we should be in the clear.

WEJ

Talk to your County Councillor, He/she should be able to help.

Kit
    Free Member

I’m still awaiting a decision on an application I made in June. Massively understaffed here in Dumfriesshire.

csb

You lot with undetermined cases need to check out the time allowed for cases to be decided. I think on planning applications there’s a point at which the case is deemed to be consented by default if it’s taken too long.

Stoner
    Free Member

there’s not many that default to consent. Only certain types.

Fortunately one of the types that do is mobile phone masts. And finally a huge Not-spot in Upton on Severn is about to be filled in because the jesters at the planning authority screwed up a procedural timing point. So woohoo!

wallop

I would complain. All local authorities I’ve dealt with recently have been slow in responding to planning applications – taking much longer than the statutory period. I think you’re in N Somerset and they more than most in the area are suffering as a result of severe budget cuts. A complaint won’t be taken personally and they’re probably likely to respond to those who shout the loudest so I’d go for it.

andyl
    Free Member

Wallop shhh, they might be doing a Ling!

the prior notification for PD is time limited – hence why I was not happy to get the email on the last day. That said the condition would have still nulled a time based default when it came round to getting it rubber stamped.

Best time to apply for PD is over Christmas but time is getting close for that. Going to prepare a new application ready for the condition approval (fingers crossed) so it’s ready to go. Doing it myself this time to save professional fees as already £5k down and nothing to show for it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Complaining about council planning?’ is closed to new replies.