• This topic has 32 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Complaining about a company driver- where to send complaint to?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Got cut up then driver told me where to go so I’ve wrtten a nice letter but where do you send it, website just gives a general customer support email. I have the vehicle Reg etc.

It’ll no doubt be a local depot where he was working from- Enterprise plc, could have been from anywhere as lots of depots round here

http://www.enterprise.plc.uk/how-to-find-us/midlands/

cb

Neil Kirkby has been appointed Group Chief Executive with immediate effect. Neil joined the company and its board in April 2003 as Group Finance Director and in November 2008 became Group Managing Director. As a member of the board and as a leading member of the senior management team, Neil has made a substantial contribution to the company’s success and in preparing Enterprise for the next stages of its development.

Head office – to this bloke

maccruiskeen

what kind of vehicle was it? If it was bigger than a van then the company will have an Operators Licence and someone in charge of (and liable for) the vehicles and their drivers

Theres a search facility here for finding operators

http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/VOSA_AnonymousOperatorSearch_New.asp

otherwise you could just call and ask who their transport manager is

jota180
    Free Member

Got cut up then driver told me where to go so I’ve wrtten a nice letter but where do you send it

I reckon I’d just get over it and move on with my own life rather than go out of my way to makes someone else’s more difficult

cb

jota180 can I come and steal your bikes…sure you’ll get over it!!

charliedontsurf

You can make up job titles and send multiple letters to a head office address…
    Hr manager
    Chairman
    Pr manger
    Chief exec

Contact: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Address: Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK Limited Enterprise House, Delta Way, Egham, Surrey TW20 8RX Tel: 01784 221367 Email: donna.w.miller@erac.com http://www.enterprisealive.co.uk

Read more: http://businesscasestudies.co.uk/enterprise-rent-a-car/#ixzz2Epx9yOyy
    Follow us: @Thetimes100 on Twitter | thetimes100casestudies on Facebook

jota180
    Free Member

jota180 can I come and steal your bikes…sure you’ll get over it!!

What are you talking about?

bigjim

I’d say do it, I was hesitant to report a taxi having a road rage moment at a girl on a bike, but I did, and was surprised to find it was the police that dealt with it not the council. Of course the guy denied everything and as the girl herself hadn’t reported it they couldn’t take it any further, but the police speaking to him should make him more aware in the future. Or he might be angry and go on a rampage.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

What are you hoping for by sending this letter?

Even if this van driver was completely at fault in this incident.

Does he need to loss his livelihood over it?

scruff
    Free Member

It was a Transit flat bed, Enterprise PLC Group (Utilities etc) not car hire.

jota, I get grief most days on the road but this gent is getting complained about.

scruff
    Free Member

Rosey, the driver was dangerous (properly) then very aggressive, so I dont care what hassle he gets.

jota180
    Free Member

jota, I get grief most days on the road but this gent is getting complained about.

That’s fine by me
    I only mentioned what I do, wasn’t suggesting you do the same

whyter

Even just sending to the regular customer services email should get some notice. I did just that after an altercation with a guy in a van who pulled out in front of me (on bike) while on the phone, then got out and went nuts. Got emailed back by the MD, which was followed up with a call from the MD describing the action which was being taken.

FuzzyWuzzy

If someone’s endangering other people’s lives with their driving and are a professional driver then yeah they deserve to lose their livelihood.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’m stepping away from the keyboard … I nearly sent a reply that may have wound the OP up…. sorry dude…. You have your reason, fair enough, I’ll keep my great big nose out of it.

Let my self restraint be a little lesson to you all 🙂 Shame the van driver never had any, aye ?

miketually
    Free Member

I contacted a bus company after seeing one of their double deckers squeeze past an old lady on a bike at a pinch point. From the time and bus number, the depot manager identified the driver. He was reminded of the safety requirements when passing cyclists and the report went on his file, so they could see if they got more reports about the same driver. They also said that undercover inspectors would target that driver in the near future to check his driving.

If it’s a one-off, the driver won’t lose their livelihood. If the driver’s bad enough to get multiple complaints, I don’t want them operating heavy machinery in my vicinity.

scruff
    Free Member

Rosey no problem, let it rip. 😈

Ro5ey
    Free Member

No ta

It’s the van driver you’ve got the needle with.

Just make sure you “vocalise” you anger clearly in your letter, it’ll help.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

If he hit you then fair enough otherwise count to ten and let it go!

miketually
    Free Member

If he hit you then fair enough otherwise count to ten and let it go!

Yeah, wait until you’re dead or seriously injured before doing anything about it.

scruff
    Free Member

Good Afternoon Mr. Luffman,

Thank you for your email regarding the conduct of one of our drivers. Please accept my apologies on behalf of this driver.

I agree that in this case our employee has not met the core principles of Enterprise; in response to this I have logged your complaint on our system under the reference number: 1212-001584. This will allow your complaint to be thoroughly investigated. I will keep you updated on the complaint as the investigation progresses.

I again apologise for the conduct of our employee and I hope that the investigation will settle the matter to your full satisfaction.

Regards,

passtherizla
    Free Member

seems like a good result..?

thered

Anybody commenting that the OP should get over it can rest assured that fo Scruff to complain the bloke must have almost killed him and then used some of the most colourful language in the english language.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Anyone driving dangerously and veering close to cyclists/pedestrians then being abusive and threatening should NOT be working in a vehicle and should be made redundant and forced to find a non-driving job.

One incident too close is all it takes to end a life and ruin that of all close family members of a victim.

BigJohn

Send it to your Mom or Father Christmas if you want somebody to care about it.

But you know my mate who I go out riding with on Sunday mornings? Not Darren – the other one. Well, he’s a senior guy at Enterprise in Staffordshire and does most of their disciplinaries.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mom? Are you in a different continent?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, he’s a senior guy at Enterprise in Staffordshire and does most of their disciplinaries.

+

if you want somebody to care about it.

So I take it he doesn’t care about it then? Not a good company if that’s the case.

nealglover
    Free Member

Not a good company if that’s the case.

Dont be too surprised, There are a few of those about.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

The one time I contacted a company to complain about one of their drivers, I left my details with the telephonist and invited the MD to get back to me. He did, was apologetic and stressed that the public face of his company was very important to him. I gained the impression that the driver had let him down and was due a reaming.

Sandwich

The advice to the drivers at my place of work is that you are driving a ****-off large advert with our telephone number and e-mail details on it. If you drive like an eejit and get reported to the office we won’t be happy.

scuttler

Course you complain. This bloke might be on a final for doing it X times already in which case it’s well deserved. If it’s his first offence he’ll get reamed and then maybe be a little bit more cautious in the future. I don’t know or care the context of what happened. If OP felt affronted by it then he’s every right to complain. If as someone else says the OP isn’t the sensitive type then it stands to reason that the offender gets both barrels and I couldn’t give a toss if he’s having a bad day. I’ll bet ICBM sub captains also have bad days just like the other 7 billion people on the planet.

Drillski
    Free Member

Nice one scruff.iagree that much of the time you need to let it go, but there was one occasion when I complained to tuffnells, as the alternative was to chase him the mile and a half to his depot and beat him to death with my bare hands for very nearly killling me and my daughter for the sake of getting back to the depot and clock off a few seconds earlier on a Friday afternoon. When I spoke to the transport manager he apologised and said that the driver concerned had not been with them long but had allready been the subject of several complaints, and would almost certainly have a very short future with them.

mrmo
    Free Member

i complained to a local coach company beginning of week, email to senior member and cc the police in. I don’t expect the police to do anything in this case but if anything happens to anyone else it is on file for previous form.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Complaining about a company driver- where to send complaint to?’ is closed to new replies.