Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • compass baby shoe pass 650x42c tubeless compatible for cannondale slate
  • seifahmad
    Free Member

hi
    have a cannondale slate cx1
    after swapping my stock tyres for some schwalbe g ones i am now looking for a tyre that is more road biased than off road. the stock tyres were great on road but too fragile.
    has anyone any experience with the compass baby shoe pass tyres?

Daffy

No, but Compass do make great (if expensive) tyres. The chaps at road.cc swear by them.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Can’t speak for the specific tyres you are after but I’ve been using Compass Barlow Pass for a couple of years on my winter bike and (cx bike spare wheels) and really rate them. Sealed tubeless with orange seal after stans didn’t work. Great tyres that roll and grip well.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve got Loup Loup Pass tyres and they’re very good. Just done Tuscany Road ’17 on them and the bigger volume and grip is great for descending small country roads whilst packed. I’m tempted when these wear out to move up from 38mm to 42 or 47.

Atomizer

I’ve got the Babyshoe Pass 650×42 on my road bike and i’m running them tubeless. Had them about a year.

They are great tyres full stop. I do need to top up the air regularly, say every two weeks but that may be the rims i’m running and my setup, a Stans Arch EX and a Velocity Blunt SL. Newer compass tyres are tubeless compatible.

wheelie

Hi Atomizer, what diameter do the Baby Shoes come out at?

Atomizer

About 670-672mm diameter.

wheelie

Are you guys running the standard or extralight? Is the much difference in rolling resistance or comfort?

Atomizer

Standard for me. Will go extralight when current ones wear out. No sign of that yet.

wheelie

What do reckon the best width rims for these are?

Atomizer

I’m very happy with the tyre profile with the Blunt SL which is 20mm internal. Can’t remember the Arch Ex width.

aP
    Free Member

My Hunt wheels are 20mm internal the Loup Loup Pass tyres seem absolutely fine with them.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I’ve got the 38c Barlow pass’ on 25mm internal DTSwiss XM421. I was tempted to go to the 44c Snoqualmie pass but they wouldn’t clear the mudguards.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘compass baby shoe pass 650x42c tubeless compatible for cannondale slate’ is closed to new replies.