Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Company Logo – any graphic designers at STW ?!
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

I have chip timed a few local MTB races and word has got out – I am now getting calls from friends of friends asking me to do their events so thought why not look a little more professional!

Trying to design a logo but realised I am awful with photo shop!!

Any suggestions?

Looking for “Race Chip Timing” as the name and maybe an outline of a stop watch, or a silhouette of a cyclist and runner made to look good……

bruneep

beer anyone?

Jamie
    Free Member

Race Chip Timing

Might want to go for something a little less generic? Just for all the googlers out there.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just poured one, bruneep.

I’ve got enough to share.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Might want to go for something a little less generic? Just for all the googlers out there

Did think about that but I have a full time job and young family so it’s not really a passing trade thing to get hits, more of a well here is my website to see what I can do just to make sure I really am what you need

njee20
    Free Member

[tannoy]Mrs Toast to the forum please. Mrs Toast to the forum please[/tannoy]

teadrinker
    Free Member

on the train at the moment so no beer in hand but bookmarking for later.

smurfly13
    Free Member

15 minutes in and plenty of replies already……. This should be interesting!

matt_outandabout

I just had a beer, Hic.

So would a unicorn on a fence do?

bruneep

Race Chimp Timing

smurfly13
    Free Member

Race Chimp Timing

Nicely played!

njee20
    Free Member
    mitsumonkey
    Free Member

That’s excellent bruneep.
    Thread over I think.

Klunk
    Free Member
    elliott-20
    Free Member

Trying to design a logo but realised I am awful with photo shop

There’s your problem right there. You need, or someone with, Illustrator 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Needs moar rainbows.

johndoh
    Free Member

I charge £75 + vat an hour, I reckon a day or two should do it, shall I send contracts for you to sign?

user-removed
    Free Member

????

Klunk
    Free Member

can’t beat pingu

smurfly13
    Free Member

That Photoshop thread is excellent! Feel I may have opened myself up for (more) abuse!

user-removed
    Free Member

In homage to threads past and Mrs Toast in particular.

matt_outandabout

Chips on a bike?

smurfly13
    Free Member

Even the funny ones have outdone my graphic skills, I’m screwed!

user-removed
    Free Member

Mine are quite serious, I assure you. Expect my bill by close of business Monday.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Have you used that fivver site? Looks ideal as well as looking like a scam?!

user-removed
    Free Member

99 Designs is a good way of getting a (relatively) cheap logo.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Ideal thank you, happy to pay but had no idea where to start

bencooper
    Free Member

Ouch, STW is harsh these days – I got my logo designed by someone on STW in exchange for some cyclocross stuff.

And I really like it, so there.

user-removed
    Free Member

Ah cummon – design requests on the internet have been fair game for, like, centuries or something. It’s traditional.

CountZero

Ah cummon – design requests on the internet have been fair game for, like, centuries or something. It’s traditional.

Damn right! Almost as many laffs as the Picolax thread!
    And as Elliot-20 said, Photoshop is not the way to go, scaling a vector image is a piece of piss, it’ll go as small or big as you want, with few problems, so long as you don’t use silly outlines, plus the image file will be very much smaller.
    Plus it’s easier to use text and play around with it in a vector package like Illustrator, you can convert to curves then dismantle and join characters to your heart’s content. 😀
    Yes, I have Illustrator on my laptop, but I’m not really a creative type, and I haven’t used it for years, not sure I could remember very much these days, sadly. 🙁

johndoh
    Free Member

What you need isn’t Photoshop or Illustrator. It’s someone who has creative ideas.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Company Logo – any graphic designers at STW ?!’ is closed to new replies.