Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Company Car Experts please – Been asked to sort ours out.
  • lowey

Help!

Been asked to sort out the replacement of our company cars and vans. 4 Cars at present and I know precisely nothing about the various options.

Whats the difference (if any) between lease and Contract hire. How do they stack up against outright purchase on HP. If anyone has any quick pointers as to the best way to do it, I’d be eternally grateful.

Cheers guys.

brakes
    Free Member

ask your accountant.
    but probably best not to have them as assets on the books.

brakes
    Free Member

basically, it’s a minefield of financing and tax that you need to take advice on from someone who understands your company, its status and financial situation

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oldskooler
    Free Member

You’ll need to take into consideration the amount of miles done year.

Our company cars are leased, we have them for 4 years or 100k miles which ever come up quickest. There’s around 100 of us on the scheme. Some go through cars every 12-18 months where as I’ve had mine 3 years and I’m on 75K miles, as there are various penalties for going over mileage, any bodywork that needs doing when the vehicle is returned.

IMO if you’re doing 30k-40k a year, you’re better off buying outright, anything under lease with a service package where everything is included.

I drive a Golf and it only goes into VW dealers for its servicing, everything else is done at Kwikfit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Company Car Experts please – Been asked to sort ours out.’ is closed to new replies.