Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Compact road bars?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

Anyone running compact road bars? I’m looking at 3T’s options. I ride in the drops a lot compared to other riders and feel like a smaller drop would make it a touch nicer.

I have moderately large hands, does this make a difference? Also the 3T ones seem to imply they’re for women/very small men in the blurb- is this the case?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=55161&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom

carbon337
    Free Member

Cant comment on 3T but I just got some Pro PLT compacts, light and cheap. Not interested in carbon bars for road racing.

I ride the drops lots and the shape suits me great. I think the closest to them may be the Ergosum or is it the ergonova….

cynic-al
    Free Member

yes, I don’t like them. I prefer a greater difference from hoods to drops, and also a flat drop section.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

FSA Vero Compacts on my CX & winter roadbike..

Great shape, and a bargin at £20…

munrobiker
    Free Member

Well, you don’t have Jessie hands so they must be OK. Sweet, cheers.

LS
    Free Member

I’ve got massive hands and run Pro PLT Compacts on all my bikes. No problems at all.

unovolo
    Free Member

I run compact drops on both my road bikes ,some Deda RLM(?) on my geared bike which I find very comfy they have slightly flattened/wingshaped tops which I personally find more comfy than a normal round top.
    I certainly spend more time in the drops compared to a deep drop bar.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Compact road bars?’ is closed to new replies.