Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Compact camera for under £250, suitable for just stuffing in jersey?
  • jhw
    Free Member

Recommendations gratefully received – thanks. Good all-rounder is all that’s needed. Don’t really need a big zoom.

nbt

Seb rogers did a review recently, said the only compact he thought worth buying would be the Canon S95 – that’s £300 or so at the moment, but you can pick up the S90 (the previous version) for under 250 – Kerso is doing it for 215 I think

phil.w
    Free Member

Olympus Stylus Tough?

Shockproof & waterproof also takes a good picture. I have the 6000 version that I got on ebay as a refurbished model & saved over £100 – you’d only tell it’s not new from it’s non-original box.

jonba
    Free Member

Do olympus still do the µ (mju)? I have one from years ago and it takes good enough pictures, has plenty of things to play with yet is exceptionally tough and water proof. It’s been to several desert, several kaking holidays, horseriding and biking. It’s nearly 5 years old which is longer than any other camera I’ve owned has survived.

willyboy
    Free Member

Here are some between £200 and £300 that are meant to be good

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V £300/320

Samsung ex 1 £300

Olympus xz 1 £315

Canon powershot s95 £290/300

Two cheaper options – approx £200/220

Canon PowerShot SX220

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, a Mju tough would be my choice as well.

Cougar

Do olympus still do the µ (mju)?

How long has “mu” had a damn “j” in the middle? The world really has gone wrong today. I think it needs rebooting.

higgo
    Free Member

The world really has gone wrong today. I think it needs rebooting.

I’m going back to bed.
    Hopefully things will be different when I wake up.

kimbers

olympus mu tough here indestructible!

kimbers

actually its a ?

edit must read posts better

Philby

Lumix TZ range get excellent reviews, have a wide range of features including some manual features, and produces great picture quality. Won’t be as robust as the Olympus mentioned above, but if you get a decent case such as a Lowepro, that should help protect it.

You will get a TZ10 or TZ8 well within your budget, and might even get the newer TZ20.

TheFopster
    Free Member
    Baldysquirt

I’m very happy with my S95 and spent a very long time researching it prior to choosing. It has a great amount of control for a compact, but takes excellent point and shoot shots as well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Compact camera for under £250, suitable for just stuffing in jersey?’ is closed to new replies.