Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Commuting with bar bag, where to put front light?
  • scruff
    Free Member

I’ve put a 7litre be bag on, but I can’t fit my front exposure joystick light anywhere visible. I also run the rear light off the fronts battery, so will be on most days. I used to have one of those bar extenders but that was shaky and doubt it would clear the bag anyway. Anyone have an clever ideas, I’ve tried the head tube but it’s pointing up with the headtube angle.

amedias
    Free Member

fork crown mount? will it fit there under the bar bag or is you bag quite deep/tall?
    is your bag bar mounted or supported by a front rack?

it’s a better position for lights anyway in terms of throw/shadows for depth perception, not blinding people etc.

donald
    Free Member

Do you have any spare stem?

benp1

Get a good extender. Good ones aren’t shaky, plenty of bikepacking trips on mine

scruff
    Free Member

It uses a rixen kaul fixing, looks like there is an adapter to get the light above the bag. Bikes looking more ridiculous and less stealable every day.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve one of these, actually use it to push the bar bag out a bit from the bars as the short stem doesn’t play well with the bar bag, but you could mount it vertically.

If there’s room under the bag, don’t exposure do a fork mount for the Revo? Assuming it’s a road bike.

trail_rat
    Free Member

don’t exposure do a fork mount for the Revo?

i wish they did – but its not hard to make one 🙂 but the joystick as nothing to screw too …

TiRed

What is the mount? If it is Klikfix, they do a light clip specifically for their front mount. It is excellent.

EDIT: I see you’ve found that one. If you want something LESS ridiculous, then they also make a fork crown mount. This is what you need from SJS as an equivalent to the Revo mount.

scruff
    Free Member

I’ll have my light on its mount, mounted onto an adapter, which is mounted to the klick thing which is fixed to the bars. 😯

keithb
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Commuting with bar bag, where to put front light?’ is closed to new replies.