Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Commuting Wildlife
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

This mornign was another stunning ride in, breaking dawn and clear skies, chilly rather than cold and crispy brown leaves scattering the ground..

And…

2 Brown Dear wandering around a new build development (about 40 houses) that I ride through..

Just lovely.

samuri
    Free Member

I see Charlie quite often. Plenty of rats and thousands of rabbits.
    Plus obviously about a million sneaky cats.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i thought this was going to be a thread about pigeons taking the tube. 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

Phah, funny..

faint
    Free Member

this morning saw some buzzards having a “pop” at a red kite.
    Although I hate it when the clocks go back it does mean your out an hour earlier and hopefully I might be able to spot some otters.

lovewookie

out at around 5:30 am this morning for an hour or so, bloody cold, but nice to see the foxes and deer about on the trails. Normally get the odd owl swooping down, but mostly Jawas staring at me through the trees….

😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

Saw some pheasants and partridges out for their morning stroll, few squirrels, and a young munjac. Yesterday their was a sparrow-hawk plucking a pigeon in the middle of the drive, so the place is festooned with feathers still.
    No bears though!!

mrmo
    Free Member

today i saw a dead buzzard, dead barn owl, dead headhog, dead rabbits, dead pheasants, two dead deer.

Don’t know why so much road kill?

monday i saw a small herd of fallow deer, which was nice.

jp-t853

Saw a hare today which I always love to see for some reason.

I saw a macaw flying one day last year which was a bit bizarre.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Saw a couple of mooses at a bus stop in Middleton this morning.

zbonty

Moose?

I see the odd swamp donkey on the way home if i finish late.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Saw a couple of mooses at a bus stop in Middleton this morning.

your bus stops have mirrors? novel

Drac

Spuggies is about it for me but work is less than 1/4 of mile away. However, once at work I see all sorts deer, owls, foxes, badgers loads really.

crazy-legs

If I go along the canal towpath I often see herons and the usual ducks/geese etc. Kingfisher if I’m lucky.
    Foxes, owls, badgers, deer, rabbits etc.

Then I get into Manchester and the wildlife along the towpath changes to drug dealers, burnt out cars and chavs…

alpin
    Free Member

there is a cat that sits at the bus stop i ride past that just sits there each morning watching the world go by.

and i’m kicking myself that i didn’t take any photo’s yesterday as opposed to standing there for twenty minutes gazing at the view. the alps were visible, but instead of being shilloetted you could see the depth of them, too. something to do with the atmosphere, but each hill was visible against the one behind it. stunning….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Commuting Wildlife’ is closed to new replies.