Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Commuting waterproof that isn't high-vis yellow
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’ve been after a brightly coloured commuting jacket that isn’t high-vis yellow for a while. Can anyone recommend something?

Preferably yellow, but anything considered.

I only wear it in occassional unavoidable stair-rod rain (I have a large variety of softshells etc) so super high-tech materials are not a requirement. Small packed size, durability and cheapness preferable. If it has a rear backup light loop and a bag/folds into its own rear pocket, so much the better.

I want to be seen, but I draw the line at looking like a motorway construction worker …

This looked just the ticket, until it turned up, when it became obvious it was high-vis yellow, not a nice canary yellow:

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I fail to see why you wouldn’t want hi-viz clothing when its specifically for commuting.

Maybe you need to talk to the Samaritans..

Kryton57

Altura Night Vision anything, any colour other than yellow? 😕

Edit: Ok now I’ve read it properly. I’d buy a Montane Velo or Photon depending on budget from CRC, currently on sale.

woody2000
    anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

The orange version is also high-vis fluorescent.

The Montanes are also high-vis fluorescent.

bandito – call me a tart, but I don’t want to wear fluorescent stuff. If drivers can’t see bright yellow, they can’t see even brighter yellow. I have scotchlite slathered everywhere, full road legal reflectors, 700 lumen kicking out the front and back, an additional backup flashing rear, brightly coloured kit and bright ellow ortleib panniers. A suicide commuter I am not 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Commuting waterproof that isn't high-vis yellow’ is closed to new replies.