Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • commuting rucsack
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

My trusty Quechua trail is.dying(decathlon don’t sell it anymore). What’s not mega expensive, around 15-20l, has a rain cover and is comfortable?

Or am I after the moon on a stick?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I bought an overboard ultra light 20 litre pack a couple of months ago and I’m very happy with it.

I got it for £45 on wiggle.

edit: Just checked wiggle and they don’t have it for sale anymore.

sazter
    alexpalacefan

Alpkit Gourdon.

APF

chrishc777
    Free Member

Camelback HAWG, waterproof cover, comfy, plenty of room for stuff+lunchbox and has a bladder. £130 I think rrp but I paid 60 for mine, just keep an eye on merlin and crc

Bazz

I usually wait until Lidl or Aldi have generic rucksacks for sale (usually around £15-20) and use a seperate hi-viz rain cover like the Hump one (again from Aldi for £7). Current one has been going for three years used in all weathers.

Basil

Used Alpkit Gourdon for 2 years now.
    Waterproof and cheap.

wiggles
    Free Member

Alpkit gourdon is the best I have used for commuting. No faffing with rain covers and no zips to jam or break.

PMK2060

+1 Alpkit Gourdon. Use mine for commuting 4 days a week. Comfy and waterproof.

TiRed

Deuter Air Race EXP. 18L Use mine daily with the road bike. Not big enough to carry shoes regularly, but will take laptop, charger, shirt and underwear.

dragon
    Free Member

Another Alpkit Gourdon user here. I also use an Eaglecreek packing thing to keep my shirts nice when in the rucksack.

Other option I’ve used is an Exped cloudburst its a similar type pack but they do a smaller 15L one and they are lighter than the Alpkit Gourdon.

benjishucksmith
    Free Member

Been using this for 4 months and I can fit everything in it!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-luggit-slice-25l-rucksack/

jet26
    Free Member

Would second above – DHB slice is excellent, have done up to 30 miles each way with it. I also have a gourdon and think the slice is more comfortable to ride with and more useful pockets etc.

Not waterproof but drysac for laptop sorts that

PhilO
    Free Member

Decatholon’s Tilt 5 backpack looks like a good option to me, although I’ve not used one.

vincevren
    Free Member

Just in case DryBag for example…
    They started sale now.
    My friend used it even for kayaking
    http://finoak.com/products/SKU1370-Waterproof-Rucksack-14.7L

monkeychild
    Free Member

I bought the DHB slice 25l (good old BC discount) and it’s brilliant!! I was out for a good while in a downpour last week and the raincover works!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘commuting rucsack’ is closed to new replies.