• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by aP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Commuting machine
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I currently ride a Charge Plug SS as my commuting horse, but have a hankering for something that’ll be more suitable for longer rides out of London after work of an evening.

Can’t decide if something like a Charge Mixer would be a good idea or a nice light SS road bike like a Pearson or a Willer Pista.

Also seen a Genesis Day One Alfine and a Specialized Crux too

Any clues?

Stuey01
    Free Member

road bike with gears and space and fittings for mudguards.

Onzadog
    Free Member

the man speaks sense!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Don’t really think getting another single speed bike (however light) is really more suitable.

I’d go for either a road bike (Scott Speedster S65?) or a CX bike like Stuey01 says.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Also seen a Genesis Day One Alfine and a Specialized Crux too

I looked at both of those recently and both look very nice indeed. In the end I decided to go down the road bike route though – bought a Boardman Team Carbon and slapped some Crud Raceguard Mk2’s on it. Been very happy with the Boardman so far – it’s amazingly light for the cash and seems fast.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Got a road bike already, don’t fancy trashing it on the crapola streets of that London.

rootes1

Pearson with a 2, 3, 5, or 8 speed sturmy hub gear? I just stuck with 1 on my Touche, def a nicer bike to ride than a plug.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hybrid. Most of the robustness and versatility of a mountain bike, but with a bit more speed. And you can just call it a ’29er’ if you feel ashamed. It’s what the nichemongers do anyway… 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Road bike will be perfectly fine on London roads. Buy a touring bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Commuting machine’ is closed to new replies.