• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Commuting. Is it just a matter of time…Yes it is!!
  • DrP

Interesting this thread was just posted 24 hours ago…
    I commute every day, and do all work related gumph (visits etc).

The laughing point is that my commute is 0.4 miles from home to work.

Now, the village I live and work in is riddled with prescription windscreens and ‘white stick bumpers’, so it really was only a matter of time..

Riding along where I have right of way, fairly drizzly so I had my FULL VIS waterproofs on, and flashing/steady front light. Subtle.
    Yet just as I ride past a junction someone managed to pull out right into my rear wheel (protected by the frame – it’s a cargo bike), pushing me sideways.

Thankfully “pro-enduro handling skillz” meant I stayed upright, but the chap still drove another 15m before stopping!
    I explained that he’s just driven his car into me..didn’t seem too fussed. So I took a photo of his car, and explained I’ll be calling the police. Didn’t seem too fussed..

Nothing broken, interesting story, but in years and years of cycling, I’ve never actually been HIT by a car, but had a few close misses.

Not sure there’s much one can do about theses sorts of things bar reporting them I suppose!!

Stay safe Kids

Dr ‘Danger’ P

Not sure there’s much one can do

Use the whole fist if he comes in for a check up?

joshvegas
    Free Member

If someone actually hit my it would be police on the blower immediately.

pictonroad

You still coming to the pub? you can jazz up the tale a bit with some fisticuffs.

DrP

I was on to the fuzz via triple nine straight away!!
    What pub are you at…? I’ll check face bob thing..

DrP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Commuting. Is it just a matter of time…Yes it is!!’ is closed to new replies.