Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Commuting distance & commuting time
  • xcracer1
    Free Member

Just been told I’m moving office and was just wondering what the average commuting distance and time is on here?

Mine will be,

65miles per day / 2 hours (Total)

Pook

100 miles per day. Depends on time of day but 2.20 on a good day

Edukator
    Free Member

That’ll get you fit.

cp

5 miles return. Approx 9 mins each way

By bike

JAG

65miles per day / 2 hours (Total)

I’m guessing this is in a car? if not you’re a fit **** 😆

In a car I cover 52 miles per day and it takes about 1hr 40min’s

samuri
    Free Member

Christ you guys are fast. I can do over 20mph average on a flat TT course but you chaps kick my ass.

Mine’s 14 miles each way, just under an hour each way normally but it is half offroad.

Edukator
    Free Member

I used commute 33 hilly kms in 1h 15, My record on my TT bike was 57′

Onzadog
    Free Member

70 mile round trip, about 1:40 hr total driving time. Might be a bit mess once they finish the barriers on the M1.

zbonty

Train in, ride home. 25 miles, about 1:50 average I’d say. Sustrans route so 60% tarmac at a guess.

seosamh77
    Free Member

6.5 mile return on MTB on road, 15-20minutes in the morning, 10-15 minutes at night. Depends how many red lights I acknowledge! 😆

number18
    Free Member

By car 15 mins each way on a good day, 8 miles each way.

By bike about 9 miles each way. 45 mins there, 1hr 5 mins back.

ourmaninthenorth

Old commute: 34 miles round trip. 60 mins each way by bike.

These days: 50 miles round trip. Summer time 45 mins each way. Winter 1-2 hours in, 50 mins home. By car. Effing soul destroying.

Daffy

12 miles each way 30-40 mins dependent on bike and wind direction.

Same distance in the car, but traffic dependent means anywhere between 15 and 115 minutes.

climbingkev
    Free Member

I thought you were talking bike times for a moment there and was temporarily overwhelmed by a sea of lard!

garage-dweller

I used to do 70 a day in the car. Over two hours a day depending on traffic.

I was very grateful to move closer. It’s now a round trip of 40 miles(motorway) or 35 ish on suburban routes(bike days).

Driving in anything other than school holidays is the pits. Train at least 3 days a week two hours total journey time but it’s predictable and I can post crap on here from the train!

kiwicraig

6km by bike, usually around 20 minutes.

Sweet singletrack on the way in, road climb on the way home:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cH3uIVwPM4[/video]
    (not my video, but that’s my commute)

busydog
    Free Member

30 feet—3 seconds —–I work from a home office now 😆

Sure don’t miss the days of commuting–most I ever did was 90 miles each way, but on a company provided bus–left at 6AM and got home at 6PM.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

8 miles each way, mix of road, bridle way, towpath, roughly 30 minutes maybe more on way home if I’m having fun, love my single speed cross bike….

chrssmale
    Free Member

2 mins tops. Though I do work on an oil rig and bed to desk is never too far away 🙂

tonyd

Old commute, 35 mile round trip, an hour each way on the bike. Anything between 40 and 90 minutes in the car.

New commute, 25 mile round trip, 40 minutes each way on the bike. Anything from 15 minutes to an hour in the car.

JulianA
    Free Member

32 miles each way usually, although my return trip is about 6 miles further at the moment as my exit from the A34 is currently closed by a flood!

About 45 minutes each way, which is no problem. I quite enjoy my commute.

scotroutes

About 50 miles each way. Takes me about 50 minutes. It’s only 2/3 times per week though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Some previous
    60 mile round trip using M62/60 2hrs minimum closer to 3 most days, so much so that doing a slow wander round asda on the way home made very little difference.
    35 mile round trip in the lakes 1hr – 1hr30 ish, 1hr each way on the bike
    Years ago 80 mile round trip Loughborough to Daventry 2hrs total most days and I thought it was a bad drive then!

These days work can start when I pick up the phone to turn the alarm off so 0s/0miles. I moved the office from upstairs to downstairs so I have nearly trebled my commute.
    If I need to go to the actual work office (every 6 weeks or so) it’s 375 miles each way and I can do it in 3hrs if I get the timing right.

IanW
    Free Member

Six miles either woodland trails or road or mix of both.
    20 minutes by bike, 40 minutes by bus, upwards of an hours by car.

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

3.5 miles each way. About 20 mins as its a shitty ride with waiting at crossings and being held up by the lazy buggers driving their kids to school and damn students all seeming to drive to uni. We had to use the car once it took ages!

jonba
    Free Member

6miles about 30 minutes. Getting through the city is slow but along the river Tyne is much faster.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

For the last 6 years I’ve had 0.5 miles which I’ve done on a bike. 5 minutes each way?

I’ve been told my office is moving. To central Bristol.

New commute will be 30 miles each way (either by a car/train, bike/train/bike, or a car/bike combo and probably take 1hr 30mins each way. 😐

IHN

About 20 miles each way, about half an hour. Considering biking it, which will be about an hour (once I get some fitness back)

For quite a while I did 35 miles each way into the outskirts of Brizzle, took 50 mins on good day but normally about an hour.

Up to about an hour each way I can cope with.

mrmo
    Free Member

my commute is 16-17miles each way, I work on it being an hour if a cycle, sometimes it is little less sometimes a little more. If I drive it is about 35mins to work and 45mins home (traffic)

trickydisco
    Free Member

Live 3 miles from work but prefer to cycle 10 miles on the bristol cycle track. Feels great when I get into work. The summer commute is Awesome

epicsteve
    Free Member

3.5 miles commute for me. Takes just under 30 minutes (from standing in my flat to standing in my office – London commutes often just get quoted as the actual public transport time I find) by train and about 40 minutes using the bus.

I haven’t cycled it yet (don’t have a bike with me in London at the moment) but will probably walk it occasionally.

pondo

90 mile round trip, two hours total on a good day. Try and cycle 40 of those miles twice a week, but that make it five hours a day commuting.

gonzy
    Free Member

12 miles there and back. usually took 20-25 minutes in the way in and 40 minutes on the way back as there are more climbs involved…the times are long as i was doing this on a hardtail (jump frame) with DH spec wheels and a 150mm travel fork.
    my new bike, when it arrives, will be a lot faster so i expect it to take a lot less time

njee20
    Free Member

When I’m in London, official office, but something I try and avoid, it’s 90 miles and 3.5 hours total by train and nearly 5 hours if I do a half ride/half drive

footflaps

3 miles and about 15 mins by bike or 30 mins if I drive (which I don’t).

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

12 miles each way, ~20 minutes if no traffic.

for a while, it was 50 miles and an hour – too much.

luketracey

Currently 20mile 40mins each way by car, from monday new job 10 miles 36mins by bike 😀

marcus
    Free Member

If I don’t get distracted, its a couple of minutes walk up the garden. It can often take a good hour on the way home if I stop to play on the kids trampoline and climbing frame, etc.
    Used to do a good 1hr 30mins each way and don’t miss it at all. – Looking back I must have been mad to spend 3 hours a day sat in car !!

rocketman
    Free Member

25 miles each way, 50 mins in the car or 35 on the (motor)bike

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Commuting distance & commuting time’ is closed to new replies.