Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Commuting- Bar Bag / Paneers etc needed.
  • scruff
    Free Member

Fed up of sweaty back, thinking of getting some panniers or a bar bag. Completely detachable would be best. Needs to be shower proofish, big enough to fit trousers, couple of shirts and lots of lemon curd sandwiches in. 20L I guess. Don’t need a map holder.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I have a Carradice Sqr Slim saddlebag. It does the job and is quick to detach. I wouldn't use it off road (it can go up and down a bit if you're riding off road and things get shaken around in it), but it is great on road. Once it is taken off, all you have left is a mount on the seatpost, so you don't need to fit a rack.

Joe

ourmaninthenorth

My commute is all on the road, so I just go for a single pannier (20l). I use an Ortlieb Back roller Classic.

If I know I'm going shopping or whatever after work, I take both panniers and fill up. If I don't need them, there's only the rack on the bike.

Joe's suggestion of a decent (i.e. Carradice) saddle bag is also really good. The Carrdadice ones are great with the SQR quick release.

Either would be a good solution.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Bar bags are good until you get too much weight in them, then the handling goes a bit squiffy. Panniers better but tend to be cavernous.

scruff
    Free Member

Oh yes, would need to put beer in it on a Friday night. Aswell as clothes.

djglover
    Free Member

just got some from Decathlon that look the same as Ortlieb but avaliable one side only for £29.99,

scruff
    Free Member

Bar bags dont really look big enough. That Carradice thing look interesting, 16l might be big enough.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Commuting- Bar Bag / Paneers etc needed.’ is closed to new replies.