Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • commuting and leg aches
  • whitestone
    Free Member

Spring is the hardest month to get clothing that works for early mornings and early evenings

Arm and leg warmers are useful – assuming of course that you are wearing typical road biking kit. A gilet helps with wind chill.

davosaurusrex

I was glad I didn’t do it yesterday as the car readout was 3C on the way in. Got it bang on today; 2 pairs of thin socks, 3/4 bibs, short sleeve, long sleeve and gilet with thin neckwarmer and summer long finger gloves. Be down to the bibs and short sleeve on the way back, leave the rest at work to collect tomorrow

fasthaggis

Arm and leg warmers are useful – assuming of course that you are wearing typical road biking kit. A gilet helps with wind chill.

Yup,this is a winner(not just in the Spring/Autumn)for yo yo temps.

whitestone
    Free Member

Well despite today’s weather farcecast I might be wearing them on the way home as well 😉

pt0608
    Free Member

For me (16km ea commute) it’s the guy in front that always gets me. I had the same problem when soloing in races, always trying to keep up with the team racer in front. Learnt pretty quickly that was a bad idea. Just trying to adapt this theory to my new commute.
    Still want to catch the guy in front though 😳
    That, and trying to avoid cars.

davosaurusrex

Was faster on the way home at just over 16mph average, flatter route with more traffic though. Feel OK now although no doubt legs will feel it tomorrow. Wouldn’t fancy doing it every day though!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘commuting and leg aches’ is closed to new replies.