Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Commuting
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

I’ll be commuting at my new job from 1st September. Any tips to stay fresh after my 12.5 flat mile commute?

ton

mudguards and schwalbe marathon tyres.

by far the most important thing for any cycle commuter.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

12.8 mile everyday every weather commuter here. On a 69 er. Mudguards essential. I swear by big apples, large volume and very comfy.

Take basic tools in a frame bag or seat bag.

Rucksack will be a pain after a while, look at panniers. Or drive in one day a week and take a weeks worth of clothes in.

No shower? Then baby wipes and deodorant. But 12 miles flat ain’t that much really.

Enjoy watching all the traffic go by 🙂

Shorty121
    Free Member

For lighting over winter I’m thinking of my Max-D with the cable flare to the back. What about waterproof clothing?

bails

Get backup lights. Always have 2 rear ones on the go when it’s dark as you won’t know if it’s failed.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I got a battery flare then use i’ll use the cable flare all the time.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Pack something protein based to eat for your arrival. Take it easy and don’t start chasing the averages. I am a roadie really and use my heart rate monitor to keep my commute nice and easy on the way in, zone two all the way. Some may laugh at this but it works for me. As above baby wipes and chemicals if there are no showers and remember to re-carb during the day.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Lol neilson you really take your commute rather seriously!

Garry_Lager

Shorty121 – Member

For lighting over winter I’m thinking of my Max-D with the cable flare to the back. What about waterproof clothing? For a decent commute like that I’d do it in bib shorts and a jersey in summer, soft shell in winter (on the assumption that I’d have something in the way of changing facilities at work). I’d have a rain cape-like thing on hand for when it is raining stair rods, but to be honest a soaked shoftshell is not a big deal on a commute.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Commuting’ is closed to new replies.