Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Commuters – anyone tried the Portland Design Works Danger Zone Tail Light?
  • ski
    Free Member

See Charlie has a vid about them on his site?

Anyone tried one yet, does the varying flashing light make any difference?

What do you think?

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/pdw-portland-design-works—danger-zone-rear-light-mental-1912-p.asp

STATO
    Free Member

Perfect combined with a 1000million lumen light on the front… if your happy to have blinded drivers crashing into you

ski
    Free Member

or fitting at the wheel and crashing into you?

trail_rat
    Free Member

either im blind or thats a copy of a smart lunar.

I have a light nigh on identical on the back of my road rat

the PDW sales schpiel is better though

i must admit i was waiting on the M & S lady to say “this is no ordinary light this an M&S light ”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

hilldodger
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    …….thats a copy of a smart lunar.

I think you’ll find it’s the 29er specific version…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Nichia brand “

has to be a wind up ……

adi66
    Free Member

100% re-branded smart Lunar 2

…. Which IMO is a BAD A$$ rear light, I use one every day, and its awesomely bright !

But be careful with the angle you have it at… It’s very bright for a rear light.

TiRed

How about a half-price and half a watt Cateye Rapid 1. USB rechargeable. I love mine and have ordered a second.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Just looking at those yesterday but went for a Radbot instead, mainly because of slightly better battery life (maybe- according to this handy roundup).

Should arrive today, will be my first non-Cateye rear light for a very long time (holy hand grenade just given up the ghost after many years of solid service).

TiRed

Had a Rapid 3 that didn’t survive the first battery change. The Rapid is USB rechargeable and a much better device with better flashing modes. For £15, it’s a bargain.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I found myself nearly blinded by an oncoming front bike light, during daylight!

Some lights are too bright IMO.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Quick update on the Radbot: nice and light, very bright but not too bright I don’t think, unusual/eye-catching flash pattern, built-in reflector, seems well made, relatively well-priced, good positive click on bracket. Side visibility not as good as the holy hand grenade but not bad. Like.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Commuters – anyone tried the Portland Design Works Danger Zone Tail Light?’ is closed to new replies.