Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Commuter tyres, what size?
  • luddite
    Free Member

I’m building myself a bike to get to work on, about 11 miles each way.
    I can’t decide which tyre size (700cc) to use, do I go 25 for speed, 35 for comfort or 28 as a compromise?
    Just having a SQR tour for luggage.
    What are your suggestions?

ton

38c puncture proof…wanna buy some cheap?

spawnofyorkshire

i run 28mm and find them more than comfy enough

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    prawny

Tyre price is more important that tyre size on a commuter IMO. You certainly get through them.

ton

Tyre price is more important that tyre size on a commuter IMO. You certainly get through them.

nail on the head.

Northwind

Depends a bit on your commute imo… I messed around with skinny tyres but they end up slower on half the surfaces on my commute, so ended up with nice fat ones now which aren’t too much slower on a perfect surface, and a fair bit faster (and safer) on a bad surface

Gary_M
    Free Member

I used to run 23mm in summer and 25mm in winter. Went for 28mm last year and there’s no difference in speed but its a lot more comfortable.

shermer75
    Free Member

Depends bit on your bike- some bikes are stiffer than others. I always ran 25mm on my Surly Steamroller, very quick and very comfy.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Checkout On-One – they had some Vittoria Randonneur Pro II Folding Tyre for £13 a wheel. 32c nomically but come up like a 28c. Using them on my winter training bike and quite impressed.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

whatever fits under your mud guards?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Commuter tyres, what size?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts