Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Commuter recommendations please. SS & big gey wheels
  • scruff
    Free Member

My commuter was free but is close to death. I’m thinking of actually spending money on something SS with big gey wheels. Roardrat, Trek Soho S retail at under £500, but Will probably be after last years, LBS deal or 2nd hand to save more £££s. Any recommendations of other similar bikes to look out for ? Needs to be plain to look at, it will be locked up outside work in the rain all day, with pregnant mums sitting on it smoking fags.

Del

neither niche nor fancy, but i’ve been really happy with my langster. quick, light, comfy ( and i own a pompino and two inbreds, so my ‘used to be niche’ is covered well ).
    i re-greased the bearings in the wheels and tensioned them up and done nothing else too it apart from break my collar bone falling off it pi55ed.
    other ss, big gey wheeled bikes are available.

Olly
    Free Member

Giant do a whole range of “lifestyle” bikes
    generally very good value, well speced long life bits
    and not too porky either.
    robot built alu though, dont go for them if you want any “class” ;p

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Specialized Tricross single? Bit more versatile and offroadable for a laugh? I love mine

ski
    Free Member

Scruff, how tall are you?

Still have my Pompino for sale, if you are around 5-10?

STW classified: Pompino for sale

scruff
    Free Member

Im 6ft in thick socks.

Del.
    Free Member

How the hell can there be 2 Del

o

ll ask him if he wants to sell if you like??

Del.
    Free Member

Try again:

How the hell can there be 2 Dels on here??

Scruff,my mates got a Giant hybrid her never uses…could ask if he wants to sell if you like??
    He got it from uncle Craig

scruff
    Free Member

Del- Ok ask him, send me details etc. You Got your sick note signed?

Stu, Yes but imagine the hulks jeans in tatters, take away the green skin- you get the picture?

Del

because you’re Del full-stop.
    i’m Del
    this is going to get confusing 🙂

D0NK

I got a pompino I’m fairly happy with, mate just got a langster for £440 shinier and lighter but he’s going to have to be inventive to get full guards on it (a must for me cos I ride in whatever the weather) which is one of the reasons I got the pompino. The spesh cross might take guards – dunno if thats important for u.

scruff
    Free Member

Er yes would want to be able to fit full guards.

juan
    Free Member

this 2nd hand pomino is sooooo tempting

will
    Free Member

mtbtomo – Member
    Specialized Tricross single? Bit more versatile and offroadable for a laugh? I love mine

I second that, just got mine at it supurb off road and on road. Very light also.

Del

i had to get fairly inventive when i fitted sks guards to my pomp. had to drill a whole in them to fit them to the bridge at the seat stays. i just got race blades for the langster, but it wouldn’t take too much monkeying about to fit guards to it. the single tricross is probably a good shout.

snakebite
    Free Member

Cy is over the chase tommorrow…. see if he has anything in your size…

damitamit
    Free Member

You can fit guards to a Langster like so…

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/HykDjQDQ5NOcjyr5BBSZYw?feat=directlink

See the rest of the album for more photos.

However I’m not really liking my langster for some reason. Seem to prefer the beat up old sjs cycles frame i had before which i bodged into SS with old parts. hmmmm

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Commuter recommendations please. SS & big gey wheels’ is closed to new replies.