Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Commute – Wallingford to Aylesbury or no
  • adsh
    Free Member

The good news I’m employed again.

The bad news – my old country back lanes commute where I was rarely passed by more then 20cars is a distant dream.

I’m fairly allergic to A road riding. I got knocked off by a lorry 4 years ago and shortly after hit by a car wing mirror – at that point I gave up the fight and took my training off road, country lanes and turbo.

I can just about string together a minor roads route from Wallingford to Aylesbury but it’s between 23 to 28miles and still has some link sections of fast road. Whatever I do I’m going to be among the traffic in Aylesbury.

I don’t mind the distance I do mind the roads. I don’t commute for the money or the green stuff purely for training and enjoyment.

By car is 40minutes, by bike is going to be close to 2 hours. I’m starting to think I’d be better off spending an hour on the turbo morning and evening with the time saved by driving. Any views?

The crime of it is that work has locked bike cages, showers and decent food.

zbonty

That’s an exhausting commute to be smashing out daily. At the start of autumn/winter too.

adsh
    Free Member

Not daily – 2 occasionally 3 times a week for winter base training

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    soobalias
    Free Member

as you dont care about the green. folding or environment, can you find somewhere to drive to with the bike, then 45min commute to work?

shermer75
    Free Member

As above I’d look into combining the cycling with a train ride to see if I could miss out the A roads

sheck

Knowing the area, I’d be inclined to drive in with bike in/on car… Drive halfway home, leave car overnight and pedal the rest… Then pedal back to car in morning… That way you can miss the worst of the roads and Aylesbury traffic

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Commute – Wallingford to Aylesbury or no’ is closed to new replies.