Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Commute Food
  • Caher

Now that the winter seems to have moved away for the moment I thought I might start my commute again. Does everyone always have a hearty breakfast of porridge before they leave home?
    Cheers

darrell
    Free Member

yes

2tyred

nope, no time. ride in, shower, coffee, bagel. i then eat pretty much constantly throughout the day – five or six bits of fruit, soup/sandwich lunch, jammie dodgers/fig rolls/jaffa cakes/malt loaf, banana just before leaving. ride home, eat something within 10 minutes of arriving. eat more once the kids are in bed.

i like to eat, and 20 miles a day every day lets me eat pretty much what i want.

STATO
    Free Member

porridge? yuk! sausage or bacon sarnie at half 9, mmm yum.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I sometimes have poridge but to be honest it makes be feel a bit sick on my commute though. At the moment I have a bowl of cornflakes and a cup of coffee or I have toast. In summer I sometimes don’t have anything and take a ham and cream cheese bagel and have that when I get to work.

TooTall
    Free Member

I am a fan of porridge once at work. Get some unflavoured whey protein (just like powdered milk with the bad bits taken out and protein left in) and once you add hot water, splendid healthy breakfast is yours.

juan
    Free Member

No time 🙁
    But I wish I could eat more than just a glass of orange juice a fruit and a yogurt.

Gary_M
    Free Member

No time ?? Get up 5 minutes earlier.

traildog
    Free Member

I eat fruit while my porridge is cooking. Then porridge and then follow it with a slice or two of toast. Plus some green tea. Breakfast is my favourite meal.

IHN

I have raw porridge (muesli) and an espresso.

Caher

Yep it could be the time thing for me as i try to prolong bedtime.

AdamW
    Free Member

Get up, get out and do the loooooong trip to work. Then in the canteen I get a bucket of porridge for 75p and dive in!

I even give up bacon/sausage etc. for porridge!

juan
    Free Member

No time ?? Get up 5 minutes earlier.

Already getting up at 6h25 that is well early enough for me…

Gary_M
    Free Member

So you do have time, but you just don’t want to use it to eat food. 😉

What sort of daft time do you start work?

juan
    Free Member

I try to be at work around 8h00-8h30. So I can start working 15 minutes later…

Keva
    Free Member

not porridge but a good size bowl of museli, oatbran & millet rice followed by large slice of granary bread toasted with honey on it. …and a banana & cup of tea.

Starving when I wake up, couldn’t possibly even contemplate going for a bike ride on an empty stomach. I’d collapse and die after two miles.

Gary_M
    Free Member

So you leave around 7:30 to 7:45 for your 20 minute ride. What on earth do you do for an hour in the morning before leaving?

juan
    Free Member

euh getting up 6h25
    getting ready quick breakfast clean my tooth and live 6h55, 25minute ride to the station.
    Catch the 7h25 train to Nice, arrived at the station 7h52, ride to the uni with sometime a quick stop to the baker.

And that is it really…

Gary_M
    Free Member

sheesh you’re riding 5 minutes slower than you were last week, so thats why you don’t have time for a decent breakfast now 😉

juan
    Free Member

Am I I always said it’s 25 minutes unless I press the pedal harder… But then I usually get cold in the train

ebygomm
    Free Member

Another one who waits to get to work here. Can’t eat immediately before riding. Conveniently I can eat my breakfast in the time it takes my computer to boot up 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

I eat rolled oats everyday anyway but when riding in I leave at least an hr after eating.

Also Special K.

I found riding after scoffing Jammie Dodgers works well…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Commute Food’ is closed to new replies.