Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Commute bike choice help
  • wiggles
    Free Member

So currently I have 2 bikes (not counting the pub bike) a specilaized Fuse 650+ HT and a Diverge DSW gravel/road bike.

I am nearly finished on a build of a new fs bike and I dont really have room for 3 bikes long term so I will just have one for commuting/riding with the kids etc

So the Fuse has been great is a really fun bike but obviously not ideal for my 8~mile road/canal path commute and probably wont get a huge amount of offroad use once the FS is done.

The Diverge is in theory a perfect commute bike, mudguards etc. However I HATE the cable disc brakes but upgrading is going to be expensive.

So do I get rid of the HT and cope with the diverge brakes/lack of decent offroad ability as it will be 90% a commute bike.

Or do I get rid of the diverge and get a set off 29er wheels with slicks for the Fuse so I have a reasonable commute bike and then the plus wheels if I want to use it offroad.

Or 3rd wilcard option, convert the diverge to flatbar and use Spare mtb brakes I already have, but thinking this will just be the worst of both combined…

tomhoward

Sell diverge and/or fuse, buy Sequoia Elite?

Though there are some decent deals on 105 level hydros at the mo…

Time to save up while they come in stock…

wiggles
    Free Member

I dont really think a sequoia would be worth it over the diverge not enough of a difference for the cost. I would have got one if it was out at the time I got the diverge but would be a big outlay for a slightly different bike.

Also changing to 105 brakes would mean new rear wheel, rear mech cassette, chain etc to go 11 speed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Commute bike choice help’ is closed to new replies.