Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Communting tires
  • juan
    Free Member

Hello looking for commuting tires (in blue)
    currently looking at :
    Michelin Pro 4 service course
    Vittoria Open corsa
    Vittoria Rubino
    Schwable ultremo
    Schwable ultremo ZX
    Schwable lugano.

I can work out the difference between the lugano and all the others. But no between said others.
    Anyone can help?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Typo du jour in the title there, Juan! 😉

Do they have to be blue, though? If so, why? Commu(n)ting tyres should be about reliability, not image. IMHO, of course.

Northwind

I had Pro 3s, they were good for a while then both tyres cracked all over the surface, very annoying. Might have just been some freak thing but put me right off Michelin.

juan
    Free Member

Well bike is green with touch of blue CFH, and you know damn well I am a very classy person :D.
    As for reliability I know but I feel tarty 😀

lilchris
    Free Member

The correct answer is Durano.
    The “S” certainly comes in blue, not sure about the other varieties.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

while since I’ve been co-munting…

gary

They are all, more or less, race tyres not commuting tyres. Or are you just showing off about your weather and road quality 🙂

Stopped using Michelin Pro-Race because I got them fatally cut too often round here
    I have Conti gatorskins on one bike for commuting reliability but I don’t find them all that grippy.
    I have Michelin Lithions on another because they were cheap and they seem durable.
    Continental Grand Prix 4 season in 28mm would be a nice comfy fancier option

[Edit, none of those in blue though. I’ve had blue tyres, always decided in the end it looked naff :)]

TiRed

If you must have blue, none of the above are commuting tyres, Schwalbe Durano S in 25/28c are what you require. I’ve used a mix of Durano Plus, Durano S and Marathon. I’ve raced on the S’s too.

ian martin
    Free Member

I had luganos, bit crap. Lots of punctures not great grip. The only answer should be…. Halo Twin-rail, never puncture and roll very fast on lots of different surface types.

juan
    Free Member

Well Gary road is road and I won’t be commuting in the wet 😉
    I’ll post a pic on my FB page so you can see why I want tires with blue 😀

ross980
    Free Member

I had blue Luganos on my road bike. They looked good but they were total crap (loads of punctures). I ended up getting GP4000s – no punctures but they don’t look as good. Function over form.

juan
    Free Member

well looks like I’ll have to get black tires then :'(
    Ok what cheap and chearful 25-28 black tire then 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Communting tires’ is closed to new replies.