• This topic has 133 replies, 68 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)
  • Commonwealth Games MTB Finals (Stream & potential discussion content)
  • plyphon
    Free Member

i think i even saw a full sus in the mens group?!

DanW
    Free Member

Predictions? McConnel for me at the start although he’s a bit behind at the moment…

some of the bikes do look huge on the girls thats for sure

… and by comparison most of the men are dwarfing theirs! The Cannondale full sus at the front looks particularly small

DenDennis
    Free Member

Go on, Liam! not far off the leaders at the mo.
    Grant F up there too, biding his time against the favoured aussie.

somafunk

Gareth is up to 4th, crack on!.

DanW
    Free Member

Go on, Liam! not far off the leaders at the mo.

Would like to see him do well but certain STW member *cough* Darkcyan *cough* would literally explode if he won a medal 😆

scotroutes

“Podiumed” – aaaargh!!

plyphon
    Free Member

Dunno what all the fuss is with the flats, we’ve all seen what can be done with a flat tyre this year 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

Re: Electronic Gears “The mechanics of bikes are changing, we’ve been on dérailleurs so long, we thought it would never change…”

plyphon
    Free Member

it’s always great to see how much they push 80mm travel XC bikes.

chvck
    Free Member

Come in last? 😀

DanW
    Free Member

Besides the commentary (who is Liam Carling? 😀 ), the coverage really is excellent. It might be my imagination but the amount of cameras angles seems to have increased compared to the Women’s race and the extra angles make the course look even more fun

tpbiker
    Free Member

The 48 yearold chap from Swaziland looked a bit out his depth. Got me thinking though. I started biking at 35 and through my grandad qualify to compete for mauritius. Hopefully hes running strava so I can check out whether its worth writing a letter…

🙂

DaddyJim
    Free Member

Really needs Rob Warner and his mate Bart to do the commentary though doesn’t it.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Just noticed bright eyes, the stw middle aged IT consultants wet dream, did very well

ThePinkster

The 48 yearold chap from Swaziland looked a bit out his depth.

Same age as me and I don’t think I’ll be competing at Commonwealth level anytime soon 😉

deadkenny
    Free Member

Have to say the coverage of the mens is much better and are showing a lot more technical areas, better angles.

Plus the guys are really hammering it round.

The berm stuff looks like fun.

This kind of riding would kill me though. I’d cope with a lap at that pace and die 😀

llama

Jersey are Jey for short

UR XC JEY BOY

shifter
    Free Member

Commentator is better than Hugh Porter…

NZCol

Good to see the kiwis smashing it out, Anton is a machine. Great coverage and as said before if you think this is an easy course then that’s fine as you have obviously a number of medals and wins to your name.

crosshair
    Free Member

14.5mph average! Saucy!

It’s nice watching cycling and not being interrupted to look at another chateau that nobody wants to see 😀

Makes me look forward to xc rampage next month 🙂

shifter
    Free Member

I thought Killeen was pronounced Killeen!

mrblobby
    Free Member

One of the NZ pair wearing one of the Specialized aero road helmets, in an xc race, interesting.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Dude from Lesotho still had the reflectors on his wheels! I’d be using that as an excuse for starters!

shifter
    Free Member

Reflectors on the wheels of the last retirer!

DanW
    Free Member

One of the NZ pair wearing one of the Specialized aero road helmets, in an xc race, interesting

Not sure what the aero gains are at 15mph with numbers flapping all over the place and a pretty upright position…. but if he were to lose out on a position at the line by a fraction of a second you may wonder what if I guess….

ComradeD
    Free Member

They might as well use CX bikes….boring

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not sure what the aero gains are at 15mph with numbers flapping all over the place and a pretty upright position…. but if he were to lose out on a position at the line by a fraction of a second you may wonder what if I guess….

Yup, and any gains he’s probably losing by having his jersey zip undone!

shifter
    Free Member

The bowls was boring.

sputnik
    Free Member

Very exciting to watch the Canadian hanging on, hope he gets a medal!

RustyMac

Granted the front four dicing it out between them is fantastic to watch but it would be nice to hear about some of the home nations countries riders.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Still don’t get lefties.

somouk
    Free Member

Great finishing lap to watch!

DanW
    Free Member

…boring

No way! The front four were a cut above the rest and it was anyone’s to win. Camera angles and course made it look so fun to ride and the kids on the side and noisy support for all riders is awesome. The amount of non-finishers shows how fast the front guys were going and it there were a fair few tricky sections considering the wide ability range you get at the CW games. All around good stuff as far as I’m concerned! Time to ride 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Great coverage and cracking course. Oh, and I need a pair of those spotty gloves 😛 No Welsh riders?

emsz
    Free Member

How come the riders from New Zealand were on different bikes? I though if your the same team they rode the same bikes 😕

stevious

The MTBers will usually ride their trade team bikes.

markrh
    Free Member

point of interest, upside down forks on number 12’s bike 😉

RustyMac

DanW-
    Camera angles and course made it look so fun to ride

mamadirt-
    Great coverage and cracking course.

Got to second that, looks like it will be a fun wee place for a spin with a load of different sections to try and it should be good for a lot of different abilities.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Liked Gaze’s reaction on losing the sprint. Not happy.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

dammit, missed the first 10 finishers due to being called into the boss’s office.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Commonwealth Games MTB Finals (Stream & potential discussion content)’ is closed to new replies.