Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Commonfail
  • mike_p
    Free Member

It's not just the frames that are weak shite…

Bent Commencal seatpost

I'd been looking at it for a couple weeks thinking "that post don't look quite right". Took it off tonight and yep, it's as bent as your MP.

Now don't get me wrong, I expect to break a bit of kit every now and then, but I'm not hard on stuff and all this post has done is light XC duty on a rigid Love/Hate singlespeed.

Still it's an excuse to go shopping… CRC have FSA carbon posts for 30 bingos just now, so there you go… bolleaux à Commencal, jamais encore.

ton

i got a 27.2 on one post the other week, that bent on the 1st ride.

thomson

mike_p
    Free Member

😛 Coz Thomson come ready-bent! 😛

scotabroad

I've bent specialized, race face, and Easton, its not necessarily Commencal only that have this issue.

I'm with Ton on this – Thomson every time.

+1 for Thomson

paulosoxo
    Free Member

The only seatposts that I haven't bent (yet) are Thomsons

walleater

Do people descend sitting down with their legs in the air?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

yes

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

as per walleater, who descends sat on the saddle, if you are pootling down a bit of singletrack then ok but most serious descents are surely done out of the saddle, and I cannot see any seatpost bending under a bit of singletrack bimbling.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

they do though,

6'4", sloping top tube, loooong seatpost, 17 stone. They do bend, easily.

walleater

Strange. In the 23 years I've been mountain biking, the one thing I've never managed to bend is a seatpost.

nuke

Strange. In the 20 years I've been mountain biking, the one thing I've managed to bend is a seatpost 😀

(A Zoom seatpost in about 1992 and a Kona seatpost in about 2002)

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Walleater, do you drop your saddle very often?

lyons
    Free Member

i dont get this either… surely if you are exerting enough force to bend a seatpost it's just going to hurt??

paulosoxo
    Free Member

it's not hard, they slowly get a long radiused sweep in them after hours of sitting in the saddle, look at your bike, your weight isn't pushing straight down the seatpost, it's over the back wheel, pushing the seatpost back on itself. Nowt to do with sitting downhill. I usually only notice mine is bent when I can't drop the saddle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Commonfail’ is closed to new replies.