Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Common Law/Partnered ??????????????
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Does this have any legal basis, I have a missus, we don't live together although I couldn't say when we last didn't share a bed, just works out that we spend a night at mine, then the next few at hers, then a few at mine depending on work/riding/other comitments/whats in the fridge.

What is the exact definition, makes a big differance to my insuracne quotes if I put myself down as 'single' or as 'common law/partner'.

wwaswas

surely you do live 'together', just at multiple addresses?

Macavity
    Free Member

common law partner, does that not just apply to the unique position of the soveriegn?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

wwaswas,

kinda, although I'm not named on her mortagage and shes not named on my rental contract.

Macavity,

so we need some of those great big rings from Lizzy Duke?

wwaswas

I think if it's for insurance purposes then your best bet is to make sure you understand what their rules are on this.

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

I would imagine it comes down to what you consider your position to be. Much as it does with council tax. Do you both claim single person discount at your respective addresses? If so, I wouln't catagorise you as common law.
    Oh, in case you didn't notice, your keyboard ? is stuck or that's quite a twitch you have.

uplink
    Free Member

I'd say you're single [as far as the form goes]

mudshark
    Free Member

You have different primary residences so single.

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

I've just checked the c/tax manual and if you're both claiming SPD, you is single.

Explanatory Notes to Family Law (Scotland) Act 2006
    Foreign law doesn't apply in Cheshire.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

hmmm, might give them a ring, I could say with some degree of certainty that I'm not 'single' and I'm definately not married, so presumably I fall into the gray area between the two. The box is marked

'Common Law/Parter'

Doesn't say anything about living at the same address or anything else……

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

She claims SPD, I don't (I have housemates)

BigDummy
    Free Member

As a matter of normal usage, you clearly have a partner.

mudshark
    Free Member

Ask the insurance company and let us know

Mister-P
    Free Member

I don't see how your choice of pedal is relevant.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

She claims SPD

Shimano Pedaling Dynamics or Space Patrol Delta (Power Rangers in case you are wondering)?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

neither do I but from the information given above apparently if you have SPD you can sleep arround, but on the downsides your insurance goes up, preumably because on the way back from an orgy in a sex daze you will try and unclip from the pedals after a failed attempt to bunny hop a speed bump rather than braking.

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Are you in a HMO Spooney? Doesn't make any difference though, just being nosey. Your love interest having SPD at her property should take care of any discrepancy.

Macavity
    Free Member

Henry VIII was the last person in England to have a common law wife. Something to do with the Pope.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

no, just renting with friends

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Common Law/Partnered ??????????????’ is closed to new replies.