Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Commencal V4 AM – anyone else pre-ordering?
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Waiting for my bonus money to get paid towards the back end of this month so that I can pre-order a V4 AM in yellow, but I keep looking at the Commencal Store website just to look at at (I mean, just look at it! It’s a great looking bike!) and then last night I see that the medium size is seemingly sold out!

Aaaaaaarrrgghhh! I’ll contact them today to see what the score is.

Anyone else looking to or has already pre-ordered?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is it just me or are there a lot of bikes that if you stripped the paint would all look about the same these days.

deviant
    Free Member

Stunning looking bike, would love to put a deposit on one but i’m moving house soon so have other priorities sadly.

passtherizla
    Free Member

It looks like a SC bronson

unklehomered
    Free Member

It looks like a SC bronson

I can’t see that at all. I like ideas in the bike a lot, but looking at it doesn’t make me want to ride like looking at my V3.

Not sure what it is, I know it’s lighter, the shocks in a better place etc etc but, it doesn’t have an oooooooo factor for me. I do want a go on one, will be flaggin down the first one I see to have a poke at it.

Interesting to the above I don’t much like the look of Bronsons so maybe there is a similarity, both look quite upright I suppose.

passtherizla
    Free Member

[/url]Untitled by andyshreds1, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]Untitled by andyshreds1, on Flickr[/img]

c

Rickos
    Free Member

Needs to be seen on a white background to see how clutter free it is…

kwack
    Free Member

Very nice but see what people mean about bikes looking the same

verbboy
    Free Member

It looks like it could be a great bike, nearly ordered one but decided to see what the reviews say. Hardly a G’tee its any good but at least a guide. They did offer a demo ride in Andorra but can’t get there for a few weeks so probably isn’t going to happen this year.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Demo to avoid disappointment 😉 lot money to shell on someone else’s opinion and some advertising

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

was very tempted to order one but decided to use the cash to take my V3 away on holiday instead. If the reviews are good I’ll probably buy one next year…great VFM.

joefm

And how do you demo if they’re selling direct without a trip to Andorra…?

I’m tempted to pre order. Going for a large this time when Ive always had mediums as it seems im on the limit between the two. would also like to see some write ups.

marky29er
    Free Member

Not pre-ordering, its on my shortlist though.
    I’ve had the am v3 in 26″ & 29″ & if I’m totally honest I would like the current 650b model. I could see that one as a keeper.
    The v3 just looks burlier in my option.

Rickos
    Free Member

Eric from Commencal says that they’re working on getting the medium in yellow back in stock ASAP. Medium in black still available though. I prefer the yellow. Sods law!

juan
    Free Member

I’d love to buy one, however, I think I’ll struggle to find one in LBS.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

IMB have a mini review of the V4
    http://www.imbikemag.com/issue31/?page=101

I’m never impressed with their reviews…always seem a little vague and too positive…almost as if they’re trying to keep their sponsors/advertisers happy!

Rickos
    Free Member

Ordered today and should be with me next week!

Is excite!

blairc70
    Free Member

Ordered my frame in October , shipping next week, will update with feedback soon as I can get her built up. Currently have the V3

matther01
    Free Member

Will be good to hear some feedback on them. The Race version looks pretty good for the money (compared to a transition patrol for example)

Rickos
    Free Member

I had a go on one of the BOS equipped versions a month or two ago. It’s quite a lot of bike, but very brilliant! It’s the Race version with Rock Shox front and rear that I’ve got coming.

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/rick2/15485989699/]2014-10-31_08-10-32[/url] by Rick T., on Flickr

Si
    Free Member

Thought you said it was too much bike and felt bored on non-alpine stuff so preferred the Cube? 😉

Oh and didn’t I see Steve Jones saying it was in the same league as a Capra somewhere?

jam-bo

They look tidy. Mleh price on a cheap frame when you change it Rick?

Rickos
    Free Member

Si – I actually bought the Cube from Winstanleys in their Black Friday sale, but they rang on Friday saying that expected delivery had gone from April to “we don’t know as Cube don’t know”. So I cancelled it and bought the bike that’s a bit too much for 50 or 60% of stuff but oh so much fun on the bigger trails. I might just make sure my local rides only take in the bigger stuff from now on…

Jam bo – I’d hope to keep this one as long as the Stumpy Evo, so if you can wait 3 years, then I might.

Si
    Free Member

Just means you gots to come ride north now then Rick to keep it interested!!

Have to say if I didn’t have my Bandit it would be absolutely top of my list which perhaps a few choice upgrades such as wheels.

Are you sticking with the Monarch RT3 or going Monarch Plus? Be interested in your thoughts on the standard RT3 as upgrading bandit shock to one of the above. Just can’t decide whether the Plus is worth the extra money.

Rickos
    Free Member

Couldn’t be bothered waiting for the Debonair (34 days delivery), so went for normal Monarch. Plus it was an extra 150 Euros. Will let you know how it is with the normal Monarch.

Kuco

I don’t like the looks of the new Meta’s prefer the looks of my Meta SL. They just look like a lot of other bikes now.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

I prefer this one

thedude
    Free Member

The meta trail with 120mm travel looks like the more fun bike.

barffy
    Free Member

I’m trying not to press pre-order on one of these too.

I’d go for the cheap version as most of the parts of my 26″ Mega will fit it bar the wheels and fork obviously. The ltd edition comes with 350 cr’s FFS! Then I could put my new Factory series Fox shock on, my Hope Tech 3’s, Reverb, XT Mech and shifter and Renthal stem and bars on and it would be a killer!

hora
    Free Member

Question- how do you adapt your existing shocks base mount? Also how much does it weigh (edit 7.4lb inc shock) This is on my future shopping list for Summer

br
    Free Member

Online-risk; your risk…

hora
    Free Member

A pretty good risk though. As they have proven they can throw together some angles and pipe.

barffy
    Free Member

Base mount?

Rickos
    Free Member

Hora – the cradle for the shock is normal, so you can use any shock. You just turn the tube 90 degrees. Not like Specialized with their unique shock tube requirement.

Online-risk; your risk…

Yes, admittedly I was jammy in being able to have a go first just to be sure…

Rickos
    Free Member

WOOP! It arrived yesterday, so built it up last night. Needs some areas protecting and then good to go. Can’t wait.

Now, anyone want a Stumpy EVO?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qsLkk9]DSC_0155[/url] by Rick T., on Flickr

Scamper
    Free Member

Very nice – let us know how it rides. Doesn’t look as tank-like as my V3, but the frame is half a pound lighter or something.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

I think one of the best looking bikes around at the mo, it gives me the itch for a one

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice and lairy. Enjoy!

cokie

Love the Commencal colours. Nice and loud, before Enduro picked up on it.

hora
    Free Member

How are peeps getting on with them? (And sizing)

Is fitting your standard shock easy or do need additional hardwear?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Commencal V4 AM – anyone else pre-ordering?’ is closed to new replies.