• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Commencal Ride Alpha 24" fork.
  • sonnyjim
    Free Member

Anyone got experience of these, away from home for a few days biking so lacking tools/work space/time to fully investigate.

Young lad owns a Commencal HT24, happy with it thus far but fork has developed severe stitchon all of a sudden. Hadn’t thought they were the best from new but the fork worked all the same. At glentress today he had to stop about 20 yards short of the end of spooky woods as his ‘eyeballs are shaking’! Had to wait a minute or two for him to re focus and carried on. Stopping at the bottom his forks looked bottomed out, had a look and they were practically were and would not return without holding the wheel and pulling the crown up. Tried in the car park to work up and down but could not get them to function any better. So….

A. Are these forks not good and this will happen with use?
    B. Has he broken the spring with his constant need to wheelie up and down the car park thumping them down?
    C. Maybe bent the stantions with his wheelie practice?
    D. Will a service sort this out?
    Any other ideas?

I am thinking of contacting the supplier regarding warranty but don’t want to leave him with no bike if I can sort it out easily myself.

Cheers if anyone can help.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Commencal Ride Alpha 24" fork.’ is closed to new replies.